Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

defrost don't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default defrost don't work

hey cherokee guys I'm enjoying my new ride I've put back together a 82K mile 99 sport that had body damage.I getting some of the bugs out of it because it was parked for 2 years because of collision damage.Anyway it appears the defrost dosn't work ,all other functions work a/c, heat, all other vent funtions work also.Just the top dash defrost.you can hear that the door isn't openening inside. I have noticed that the vaccum lines are all color coded. I' m thinking vaccum pod not working , or vent door is obstructed????? or vaccum line somehow dissconnected????
Anybody know what color vaccum line controls that defroster door???? anyhelp wold be great info.
I have a few other bugs but I think it's time to get this issue fixed before cold weather hits it will be soon. if the dash needs to come apart i'd rather be warm doing that job rather that f in cold. thanks keith
Old 09-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO

Where was the accident at the vaccum ball is right by the front bumper so if it was a frontal collison i would bet the ball is craked or the vaccum lines going to it are torn some where.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had same prob with my 96 and it was a vac line that runs behind the battery. The battery rubbed a hole in it , replaced and all is well. My cruise wouldnt work when my line had a hole but does now. Check to see if your cruise works.