Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Daystar Motor Mount Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Daystar Motor Mount Issue

I have installed, or attempted to install a set of Daystar motor mounts. I got the driver side installed with ease. The passenger side is a different story. The old one was easy to remove and the new one set in place. After a very long time of trying to get it to line up this is what I've got done. First I tried bolting the mount to the frame and then to the motor. That was not happening it was way out of alinement and no amount of leverage would get it close. So I took it off the frame and bolted it to the motor. Now if you look and my crappy paint rendition this is what I have. I'm only off by about 1/8-1/4 inch but I can not force it into place. Any help?

Name:  mount_zps8f76b4cf.png
Views: 11
Size:  6.1 KB
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM

Oh and I'm not a small guy and have bent several large bars trying to force this.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 88

Originally Posted by Troglodyte
I have installed, or attempted to install a set of Daystar motor mounts. I got the driver side installed with ease. The passenger side is a different story. The old one was easy to remove and the new one set in place. After a very long time of trying to get it to line up this is what I've got done. First I tried bolting the mount to the frame and then to the motor. That was not happening it was way out of alinement and no amount of leverage would get it close. So I took it off the frame and bolted it to the motor. Now if you look and my crappy paint rendition this is what I have. I'm only off by about 1/8-1/4 inch but I can not force it into place. Any help?
Its the driver side one still loose? That could be the problem that it's not allowing it to move that amount closer. And Jack placement if you using one helps too. When I did mine I had the problem for them not fitting into the mount and had to shave it down slightly, in order to fit but the motor the body fell right in place.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM

Ill go try loosening the driver side. A buddy is coming over and might easier with the two of us. The jack is there but with just me working it and trying to get proper alignment is kinda hard.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 88

Originally Posted by Troglodyte
Ill go try loosening the driver side. A buddy is coming over and might easier with the two of us. The jack is there but with just me working it and trying to get proper alignment is kinda hard.
Yea its usually easier with someone else. I know what you need to I just though about it I actually had to grab a hold on the valve cover an pull it to the driver side and have your buddy lower the Jack and your kinda have to man handle it to do what you want.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM

Ill try that when he gets here. So far I could do nothing by myself with the driver side loose.