Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

check engine light no codes please help O.O

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light no codes please help O.O

Okay so my darn 95 xj is doing its thing and acting up again :|
first the check engine light came on *groan* So I did what any one would do and checked the codes. The only code I get is the code of the air sensor solenoid( been getting this code since I got the jeep a year ago and still have no idea what it is....) I doubt that is the reason for the light coming on as I have been getting the code for some time now. No other codes are coming up *how the heck am I supposed to know what could be causing the light now O.O* ANY WAY the light has been off and on for the past week now At first it would come on when I started the Jeep and stay on till I stopped but the next time I started the car the light would be out *yay?* till it would come on again the next time it was started *boo*. It has been on for the past three days now without going out. I have checked all the fluid and that is all good. Coolent presure seems low....
So that is the info on the light. But last light I made a bit of a hard right and jeep stalled *it is an automatic* coasted in to parking lot and started it back up... It has done that once before about a month ago didnt think much of it at the time.... the CPS is bran new so I know that is not the issue I also about 3 months ago replaced the computer so that should be working fine. Now for the real reason I am here pleading for your help is that when I went to start the jeep this morning It would not turn over it and the few times It did turn over it would turn off right away. not the battery as I had thought because it kept up this not start... not start ...oh start....turn off....not start while being jumped by my dads truck. =/ I left it for today due to being a full time student with classes to get to. >.< on that note I kinda need my daily driver to work D: D: D:

that about sums it up... writing this between classes so if it doesn't make sense that is probably why. bottom line is I am at total loss at this point and I just dont have the time or funds to try a million things till get it going again.
Thanks for the help folks!!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, I don't believe it's possible to have a CEL without a stored code.
If you did the code-read, and you only have one code? Then more than likely that's the issue causing the CEL to come on.

What code did you get?

I believe you will always get a "55". This indicates the end of the test.

You need to count the flashes, and pay attention to the pauses in between.
They are all 2-digit codes.
http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-24.htm