Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Default bedliner

i cut my fenders and now i want to do some bedliner detail on it, along with doing the entire inside. what products have you used, how was install, do you like it, and was it worth it? just want to get oppinions before i apply. what preparations are needed for before spraying it on, if any are needed. if it makes any difference, i live in tucson az were the interior reaches in excess of 120 degrees, i dont know if i need to take that into consideration.
thanks in advance for the responces
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989 2 door
Engine: 4.0

Try use our search for "bed liner" there is already a ton of info on it!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 PM

Year: 2008
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 3.0L CRD

one word: DupliColor. i know a lot of people who don't like their products because of really off based reasons, but their products hold up, and they make everything so easy to use. they have their truck bed liner in a spray can that you can pick up at any auto parts store. they also have the roller kits and the big jugs of bed liner you can buy and literally paint on yourself. what's great about it is that despite that their product doesn't cost as much as, say, Herculiner, but it holds up very well. my uncle a few years back put some of the DupliColor product in the bed of his Chevy Avalanche, and it still has retained its durability and hasn't faded in color, even sitting out in the sun day-in and day-out.

i want to do the same thing to my interior on the floor when summer comes around. i still have that dank rug that came stock in my jeep, and because i am constantly going out and doing something, be it snowboarding, BMXing, or getting that odd disc golf game in after it rains, i want something that will clean up easily and protect the floor of my jeep.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO I6

I'm using the Duplicolor bed coating inside of mine. Its holding up well. Needs another two coats. Just painting and patching as I go. The spray can leaves a nice texture. My bumpers are painted with it. Its all in prep. Rough up the surface real good. Its thick enough that even hitting it with a grinder doesnt show through.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 91
Engine: 5.9

I agree, I never used their bedliner but I plan to use it on my floorboard soon and I have used alot of there other products and have no complaints whatsoever,I live in south west florida where it also gets plenty hot inside a closed up vehicle and would hate to cet a new rug just to cover it with salt water and beach sand. Oh yea, and lots and lots of mud.