Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

ax-15 wont shift

Old 05-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default ax-15 wont shift

ok so heres the deal i put a dakota transmission in my jeep got everything together today and when i put the shifter in i noticed it dosent want to move. its not the shifter but the tranny it self the part the shifter gos into (i think its the shift lever) wont move idk if its saposed to move freely or not? when i was switching the output cover on the tranny i did have to remove the lever but i
had a detailed manual i was fallowing on line to do this. i put it all back together like i thought i was saposed to. i figured it was just in gear when i got it all back together(i dont know to much about trannys obviously)and thats y it was stuck like that.
now what im asking is if any one can tell me what to look for that could help. there was only one way the lever could go in and mount so i dont think i messed that up but maybe? when i got it all together and started i tried letting off the clutch to c if i could get it to shift but it only start rolling like its in first gear but it wont come out of it .i got the tranny off a guy on CRAIGSLIST so idk anything about it befor i got it so could the syncros be bad or something like that i really dont want to take this to a tranny shop i live in kenosha WI and there redickulous here so if any ones in my area and could hlp i will pay as im tired of driveing my dam neon