Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Aw4 issues ( not the usual )

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Aw4 issues ( not the usual )

I have searched high and low and only posts etc that i found are aw4 not shifting right or not having a certain gear... I just bought this 87 and when i bought it trans only worked for first minute or so then it would do nothing. Shut it off wait a minute start it up work for a minute or so in every gear shift fine etc just only for x ammount of time. Went through all of cruisers stuff that site is great non of those were the issue though
Well i noticed the dipstick tube wasnt connected right and dropped the pan and the filter was clogged full of **** not metal or brass guessing belt? So i changed filter/fluid start it up everything ok, drove it around all day today hammerenin it and no issues pulled like it should shifted fine, running great... got home checked fluid bone dry ? So i add a half quart and then start it check it way past full (huh) now back to the beginning when you start it up get goin and it just dies out no movement just revs shut it off start it up pulls real crappy and then nothin. Thought maybe i over filled it Drained about a quart out check it all good but back to when i got it runs good then wont do anything in any gear after a minute .. so confused