Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Anyone know where to find these special door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Anyone know where to find these special door panels?

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be amazing. From what little info I found online, it sounds like they came on the “stealth” package XJ’s in the UK. Not sure where to even begin looking. Maybe a UK salvage yard in the US?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:06 AM

Old 11-13-2018, 11:18 AM

Won’t let me upload photos. Im talking about the wood grain with leather door panels.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1,531 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000

You talking about these ones with the puffy looking inset.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ralph77
You talking about these ones with the puffy looking inset.
That’s the one!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:53 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjjeepin

That’s the one!
Good luck. That is going to be a tough find in the US. Thinking damn near impossible. Need to do worldwide searches on Ebay. Even then. Plus shipping would most likely be crazy even if you were to find them. Always looking for those rarer Jeep parts. If I do see some will let you know. Only because I don't want ones like that. LOL.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 234 Likes on 207 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L

Good luck. That is going to be a tough find in the US. Thinking damn near impossible. Need to do worldwide searches on Ebay. Even then. Plus shipping would most likely be crazy even if you were to find them. Always looking for those rarer Jeep parts. If I do see some will let you know. Only because I don't want ones like that. LOL.
If you have them already and they are damaged, you might do better seeing if an auto upholstery shop can repair them. I agree with Ralph, that sounds like a real challenge to find and they certainly will not be cheap.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:26 PM
CF Veteran

Just occurred to me to. You are in the US according to your profile. So any RHD ones will not work. I am pretty sure that is strictly a European Orvis XJ Jeep option. But don't quote me on that. Pretty sure they did offer the Orvis package in other countries that are LHD.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Oof, I'd like those too, but I haven't even seen them before much less for sale. Interesting that the seats aren't heated. They had a pre-97 version where the door panels look like they'd be at home in a Mercedes.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:40 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by BooGTS
Oof, I'd like those too, but I haven't even seen them before much less for sale. Interesting that the seats aren't heated. They had a pre-97 version where the door panels look like they'd be at home in a Mercedes.
I like the bigger wood grain strip but don't care for the puffy look. I just want the insets from a '99 and up Agate interior Limited/Country US version to put in my Camel door panels. Cause woodgrain Camel ones are not two tone like regular Camel one. And I like the two tone. I took the woodgrain off the one to see if I could somehow get it to work. No Joy.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Please do. I’ve already got the Overland wheel from the Grand cherokee and the wood trim around the radio to match.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:39 PM

I like the bigger wood grain strip but don't care for the puffy look. I just want the insets from a '99 and up Agate interior Limited/Country US version to put in my Camel door panels. Cause woodgrain Camel ones are not two tone like regular Camel one. And I like the two tone. I took the woodgrain off the one to see if I could somehow get it to work. No Joy.

Any idea where to find these door panels instead? As you stated I don’t think the RHD panels will work because of the master switch panel being flipped to the passenger side.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 PM
CF Veteran

Please do. I’ve already got the Overland wheel from the Grand cherokee and the wood trim around the radio to match.
When I was installing Cruise Control I was thinking about doing the GC wheel but did not. Still might. I have the radio bezel like you. Picked these up off Ebay but as best I can tell they are aftermarket. I have never seen them in a Jeep.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:50 PM
CF Veteran

Any idea where to find these door panels instead? As you stated I don’t think the RHD panels will work because of the master switch panel being flipped to the passenger side.
Pretty sure there are LHD Orvis version Jeeps so those would work but that doesn't help in finding them. The US ones are a Limited/Country version option. I don't know what year Jeep you have. Guessing a '97 up. You need to know if you have the gray interior '97 and '98 are technically called Mist Gray. '99 to '01 are Agate. So you would need to find the right woodgrain panels to match what you have. When people are selling interior parts they always say will fit '97 to '01. And technically they are right. It will fit. But will it match?
Old 11-13-2018, 06:26 PM

Pretty sure there are LHD Orvis version Jeeps so those would work but that doesn't help in finding them. The US ones are a Limited/Country version option. I don't know what year Jeep you have. Guessing a '97 up. You need to know if you have the gray interior '97 and '98 are technically called Mist Gray. '99 to '01 are Agate. So you would need to find the right woodgrain panels to match what you have. When people are selling interior parts they always say will fit '97 to '01. And technically they are right. It will fit. But will it match?
Thanks for all the info Ralph. I will keep my eyes out for them.

Quick Reply: Anyone know where to find these special door panels?