Anyone ever use this Front end kit / package? - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Jeep Cherokee Forum

Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Anyone ever use this Front end kit / package?

Old 05-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #1  

View TylerA23's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Anyone ever use this Front end kit / package?

Has anyone ever used this front end package from 1a auto? Couldnít find any results in search. But the site has decent reviews.

I have a stock 98 XJ that Iíll be looking to upgrade all the front end, eventually.

https://www.1aauto.com/jeep-cherokee...t/i/1asfk00492
TylerA23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #2  
CF Veteran

View PatHenry's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L

Seems awful low price for all that stuff and the reviews didn't speak much to how it actually functions and holds up. Ball joints are a bit of a PITA to install so it's not a job you want to have to repeat 3-6 months down the road.

Personally I'd get the Moog parts from Amazon and pay a bit more but know that I'm getting a good quality product that I won't have to replace again. On my previous Jeep I put Duralast (Autozone) ball joints in and ended up having to replace them 2x over the course of 80k miles. More often than not, you do get what you pay for.
PatHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #3  

View 00t444e's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I wouldn't buy Moog their quality is not as good as it used to be and they are overpriced. That kit from 1A Auto has a lifetime warranty on everything so I say go for it. However if you want the best quality ball joints Spicer is the way to go.
00t444e is offline   Reply With Quote