Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

All experienced techs, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default All experienced techs, please help!

I have an '01 Cherokee Sport 2WD. I had a cracked radiator and a friend of the family said he'd put it in for no charge. When I got it back he told me i'd have to have a new cooling fan. However he had wired it to the battery and when the car would turn to ON, it would run. Everything was fine except for when I would turn my ignition off, the engine would continue to run for around 1.5 seconds. I asked him to fix this and he unwired the fan from the battery and fixed whatever it was he had did to make my jeep shut off weird, ever since then my check engine light has been on. The car sometimes idles rough and acts like it wants to cut off and it has a hard time shifting into overdrive on the highway. Sometimes it wont, sometimes it will. It has a ton of engine codes as well. P1491, p0443, p0136, p0705, p0130. I have a feeling its just one thing thats causing all of the codes, because it went from zero codes to all of these at once. The fan still doesn't work either and all fuses and relays are good. Please help!!!!

sensor, relay, transmission, shift, engine, light, codes, coolant, electric, fuse, sensor, problem, help.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

did he unplug the factory connector when he jumped the fan to the battery