Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

98xj power door lock and window mess

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 98xj power door lock and window mess

Hey guys my 98 has power door locks and Windows when I bought it. The PO put a manual window on the passenger front door because the power Windows didn't work and he got the manual set up for cheaper. And I'm tired of bending all across the front to unlock or roll the window down. So last weekend I went to the junkyard got me a door panel and the switch because I would have thought the PO would've left the wiring but tuck it out of place but no he cut it. I need some help for trying to find a wiring diagram to the connectors.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 951 Likes on 767 Posts
Year: 1998 Classic (I'll get it running soon....) and 02 Grand
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

If your harness is from the same year, you should just be able to match color for color. In that case, you really don't even need to know what wire does what. Just splice like for like and done.

Use good quality butt splices (3M is one) and a good quality crimper, not those El Cheapo sets you get at the auto parts stores. You might want to get the heat-sealing kind. If not, use heat shrink over the splices.

Make sure to orient the seam perpendicular to the crimper.