Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

96 jeep Cherokee wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 96 jeep Cherokee wiring

Need help. Okay so for awhile my headlights went out. The hi beams worked, well they worked when I held it but when I let go it stopped but regular lights didn't at all so I drove around for awhile like that just holding the hi beams. After awhile the hi beams stopped working also. So I went and changed the lights switch. That didn't do anything. So I threw my old one back in. After that I messed around with the wiring and **** and found that if I jiggled and ****ed with the wires on the harness that goes to the headlights the headlights worked on regular low beam. So now that fixed the headlights but NOW that the headlights work, The tail lights and the cluster lights don't. Break lights, turn signals and everything works except the tail lights and cluster lights. Does ANYONE have any clue what that'd be? Please and thank you and any advice would help. Need advice ASAP. Changed fuse #1 but it didn't do anything so I put the old one in