Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

95 jeep no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 95 jeep no start

Hi guys thanks in advance for the help. I searched the forum with no luck so far.

I purchased a 95 jeep GC 4.0 2x4 that was hard starting cheep. First thing i did was a normal tune up. plugs wires cap rotor.

You would have to turn the key to on and let it sit for 10 min before you could start it or you would have no spark you could hear the asd relay clicking. I swapped that with a known good relay. after the wait she would run good. I suspected a bad sensor so i replaced the crankshaft pos. sensor and the camshaft pickup.

inspecting the wiring i noticed some splicing inboard of the relay box. it looks as though they took out the wire harness connector. fixed some of the splices but i dont have my manual yet to make sure the wires are correct.

now for the new problem after reconnecting the battery the jeep wont fire at all. the radio wont work and the drivers door will not lock with the key in the run position. i think i have a wire nightmare on my hands. any suggestions?

also i live in western puerto rico and the junkyards have no jeep parts. or so they tell me.