Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

95 Cherokee XJ (4 door) - shattered drivers glass, please help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 95 Cherokee XJ (4 door) - shattered drivers glass, please help please

My drivers side glass shattered. I picked up a new window and cleaned out all the broken glass. But FOR MY LIFE, I cannot figure out how to properly install the new window. The old window was secured to the track with white plastic washers and a torx bolt. While the window is now gone (because the whole thing shattered), the washers and bolt are still in place, of course, as if they're holding an invisible window in place. I have a torx screwdriver and this thing is impossible to get off. It seems like the washer on the end is attached to the end of the bolt, so when I turn the bolt, it doesn't loosen, it just turns the washer on the end. The nearest washer just stays in place.

After some research, I discovered that the washers and bolt are supposed to stay attached to the window, even when removing the window. But what about when the window completely shatters, and there's no more window left for them to attach onto?

HELP?! PLEASE!