Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

95' cherokee computer problems??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Default 95' cherokee computer problems??

Having some issues with my 95' cherokee country. im wondering if it could be something computer/electrical. it has "good starts" and "bad starts". on a "good start" it runs almost normal (runs/idles rough and seems to be missing) but on a "bad start" its even worse. it wants to stall and rpms jump up and down while in park. it bogs down so bad it wont go over 34-45mph and if try to force it it will stink of something burning. the air will not get cold at all or blow out if im gassing it. sometimes there isnt even power to radio/lights/flashers ect...ill have to turn it off and restart it a bunch of times to get "good start". it always idles/runs rough and has a hard time to start.

ok..i have replaced the cat. converter, muffler, starter, the spark plugs and disrupter cap, map sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter and all the vacuum hoses i could fine that had holes in it. also the radiator and cap.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by RBishop
ok..i have replaced the cat. converter, muffler, starter, the spark plugs and disrupter cap, map sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter and all the vacuum hoses i could fine that had holes in it. also the radiator and cap.
You say cap and plugs did you also replace the plug wires and rotor button? i would go ahead and do that if not just to finish off the tune up.

Not that i am a jeep expert but im working on some starting problems on my 95 too many of the forums talk about the crankshaft sensor. my issue was the camshaft sensor located under the distributor cap and looks like a faulty PCM too.