Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

94 Country w/ minor electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 94 Country w/ minor electrical problems

Just got my first Jeep a week ago, a 94' Cherokee Country. 133k miles, only a single previous owner who took pristine care of it inside and out. I love the bastard! A week after driving it off the lot though the speedometer, mileage counter and trip counter all went dead. A few hours later the check engine light came on. Anyone know what could be up with it? I found a thread on here about a similar problem but couldn't really find a solution in the discussion.

Also I want to take the MP3 stereo out of my old ride and replace the stock radio with it. Any tips on doing that? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 Liter, Inline 6

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Just got my first Jeep a week ago, a 94' Cherokee Country. 133k miles, only a single previous owner who took pristine care of it inside and out. I love the bastard! A week after driving it off the lot though the speedometer, mileage counter and trip counter all went dead. A few hours later the check engine light came on. Anyone know what could be up with it? I found a thread on here about a similar problem but couldn't really find a solution in the discussion.

Also I want to take the MP3 stereo out of my old ride and replace the stock radio with it. Any tips on doing that? Thanks for any suggestions!
Have you checked the wires and fuses? And do you have a car audio shop near you? Dont try to install any car audio unless you know what you are doing. My friend tried and screwed up his whole dashboard. I would help you install it for free but I am pretty sure you dont live near me.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:37 AM

I don't see any fuses related to the dash in the fusebox mounted to the left of the head. Is there any other fuseboxes?

There's a place on Kingston Pike (I live 25 miles from Knoxville) that I'm gonna give a call soon.