Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

94 Cherokee Sport, 2WD MOTOR Mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, In Line 6
Default 94 Cherokee Sport, 2WD MOTOR Mount

My front motor mounts, driver side is bad. I had replaced it about 4 years ago. It was an AZ part. Are Napa mounts better? I want to replace this weekend. For now, I'm looking for basic OEM type to install. Less $ for now. Its my daily driver . Also probably due for trans mount. Again Napa parts ok?
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by jmrec100
My front motor mounts, driver side is bad. I had replaced it about 4 years ago. It was an AZ part. Are Napa mounts better? I want to replace this weekend. For now, I'm looking for basic OEM type to install. Less $ for now. Its my daily driver . Also probably due for trans mount. Again Napa parts ok?
Thanks.
Double both at the same time. I just did napa drive tech motor and transmission mounts and love them. A little expensive but well worth it
Old 09-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L, In Line 6

Whats the best way to do it.
Support the motor with a 3 ton jack. Across where?.
Last time, I had to replace the Exhaust manifold. Taking everything off and the engine mount, drivers side is right there. Put a jack, kind of wobbly on that engine support. Then I removed, replaced with new. I should have but didn't do the passenger side. Was struggling with smog issues then.
With everything on, Can I jack up support the motor, and then remove it from the top and bottom side? I'm looking for a quick way to do it. I live in the hoa **** community. And they get a feather stuck in their *** for this stuff.
I got notice because the wind wrapped my USA flag, the AMERICAN flag around the pole. Some bleep called it a tarp. ^&%$#
I called, and told them IT IS NOT a tarp. My friends, relatives did not serve and some eventually gave the ultimate sacrifice for what that flag means. Oh I was pissed.
Anyway, thats the **** group I have to deal with. And it's not my neighbors or people on my block who complain. Its the weasel, have no life **** who have bowel issues.
I'll just get a notice but I'd like to get it done quickly.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by jmrec100
Whats the best way to do it.
Support the motor with a 3 ton jack. Across where?
Last time, I had to replace the Exhaust manifold. Taking everything off and the engine mount, drivers side is right there. Put a jack, kind of wobbly on that engine support. Then I removed, replaced with new. I should have but didn't do the passenger side. Was struggling with smog issues then.
With everything on, Can I jack up support the motor, and then remove it from the top and bottom side? I'm looking for a quick way to do it. I live in the hoa **** community. And they get a feather stuck in their *** for this stuff.
I got notice because the wind wrapped my USA flag, the AMERICAN flag around the pole. Some bleep called it a tarp. ^&%$#
I called, and told them IT IS NOT a tarp. My friends, relatives did not serve and some eventually gave the ultimate sacrifice for what that flag means. Oh I was pissed.
Anyway, thats the **** group I have to deal with. And it's not my neighbors or people on my block who complain. Its the weasel, have no life **** who have bowel issues.
I'll just get a notice but I'd like to get it done quickly.
Loosen trans mount first. Jack across oil pan w/ 2x4 or piece of wood to evenly distribute weight. Don't jack too much especially without the transmission mount loosened. You'll squish your rear main seal and make one hell of a mess. I know a guy who did that... You only need enough jack to take pressure off mount and secure the weight. So, touch the jack to the pan and maybe another pump of the jack. Change driver side, then passenger side.