Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

93 cherokee runs geat then cuts off suddenly

Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 93 cherokee runs geat then cuts off suddenly

I have a 93 jeep cherokee that runs great, but every now and then it will shut it self off then i will pull over and it will crank right up with no more problems till the next day. I drive this jeep about 30 miles a day and it will encounter this problem every other day. I replaced the crankshaft position senser 8 months ago. can you help?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 AM
CF Veteran

What else shuts off along with the motor? Anything? Could be anything from a bad ignition switch (jiggle it around, see if the motor dies) to a loose connector or intermittent harness somewhere. Again, give 'em a shake and see if it kills. Any other clues?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998 Sport
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Radi View Post
What else shuts off along with the motor? Anything? Could be anything from a bad ignition switch (jiggle it around, see if the motor dies) to a loose connector or intermittent harness somewhere. Again, give 'em a shake and see if it kills. Any other clues?
Check the above stuff out. Also where did you get you CPS from? A lot of the after market cps's are hit and miss and have been known to be bad out of the box and or premature failure.