Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

2000 Jeep Cherokee has a miss.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L
Default 2000 Jeep Cherokee has a miss.

We changed motors out due to my # 4 piston blew all to pieces in the yard. We bought the jeep and never used it do to the nouse it was making. So we changed the motor has new head, crank position sensor, new plugs, new coil, and new 4 hole injectors. It was throwing a code #4 cylinder had a misfire. So I pulled the plug it was fouled with gas. So we changed plugs and changed coils. Then the thing would not crank. It backfired up through the intake. So we put back on the original coil after I changed the crankshaft position sensor, and it fired up and ran would not run with new coil I ordered. So I figured the coil was defective. So I went and got a new coil from O'Reilly auto parts. Fired up and reset the computer. Drove it about a day. And the engine light comes on and still have a miss.. Can't figure this one out.. If anyone has a clue what to check not what is wrong please inform me.. as long as you are accelerating you are ok.. Once it levels out it starts bucking until you give it more gas or let off the gas.
Don't know what else to check.. I am knew to Jeeps and this is beginning to get costly..