CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

FS Post Edits

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Moderator of Jeeps

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1993 YJ Wrangler
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default FS Post Edits

I understand the original post cannot be edited after 3 days. The justification I heard is that people were editing prices after a sale. I haven't tried to sell on this forum, but I it can be a hassle looking for parts and prices updates through the pages.

Could it be configured to only allow addition to the OP instead of changes? If the additions are appended to the end of the post and logged with the date and time of edit, the seller could keep the OP current without nefarious results.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

the reason is due to the fact that the only thing in the FS ad should be updated information or serious buyers so they should not be pages.

the ones that are pages due to listing multiple items or a build to order bumper thread or what not. the OP can always PM a staff member such as myself and we can change the first post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Moderator of Jeeps

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1993 YJ Wrangler
Engine: 4.0 I6

I was about to say "should be short" doesn't mean it will be, but I can't argue about the second part of your post. Thanks for the reply.