Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Upper East Creek 2nd trip 12-7-08

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Upper East Creek 2nd trip 12-7-08

Okay So this weekend our crew made it back up to HWY 141 and wheeled uppper east creek again. This time the Toyota was replaced by a Dakota. If you want to see the other pics, the post is in the Four Corners forum. Anyways replacing the Toyota with the Dakota was a good choice. The Dakota is a bit more capable with 3" of body lift to fit some 31x10.50's I only have a few of the pics right now but I will get the rest up tonight. I also have some more video of the fun!

Here is the Dakota at the first obstacle. The fan started hitting the shroud because of the body lift. So we finished up the obstacle and then pulled the shroud off for the day. This was the only obstacle that he recieved any body damage, it was only to the bumper on the passenger rear. If you look at the pics you can see that he is wedged on a rock.

Here are a couple of goofing around pics that the guys took of my jeep after the first obstacle. They are the same pic just different views.

I will post some more in the next couple of days.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

oooo what a teaser haha. pics look cool. i want to see more haha.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by JakeWI
oooo what a teaser haha. pics look cool. i want to see more haha.
Sorry there were 4 cameras with us and I wanted to gather up all of the pics before I did the full post. Anyways Here are some more pics of the first area.
This is where alex had the hardest time because of the long wheel base and the tight area. By the way if anyone knows where to pic up some sway bar disconnects for a 99 dakota, we are looking for a set.

Alex coming up the first obstacle

Then a few of me coming up the first obstacle. We didn't get any of the Ram because there was another vehicle and we didn't want to block the road so he went ahead and we pulled to the side.

Here are the links to youtube of the first section

ALEX

ME

I've still got more pics and video that I will post tonight!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Seasoned Member

So then after alex made it up this part he decided to tear out the part of his fan shroud that was rubbing and making a horrible racket. When he broke out the bottom it closed the shroud on the fan so we ended up pulling the shroud all the way off. So after that we got back on the trail.

Here is a pic of the whole crew with the exception of Mort, who drives the RAM.

Okay so now we are on to the hill for some realy grippy boulders. I will have to get a pic of the surface of them, they are an interesting rock. Anyways I went up the hill first, with no troubles at all this time. My last time out was actually my first time doing anything besides ordinary trails in the jeep. Now that I have used 4low a few times I'm getting the hang of it. The only thing I used 4 low for before was to crawl down steep hills so I didn't have to use my clutch the whole way. First pic is one of the hill from the bottom so that you can actually see the angle, and that there are many scattered rocks.

Next up is Mort in the Ram. He had a little harder time this run. He could realy use a locker in the rear. He just wants a Sure Grip but i'm trying to convince him otherwise.

Then the tail was Alex in his 99 Dakota. I must say that for not having any suspension work and having a huge swaybar in the front, his truck flexes out really well. He got stuck at the bottom of the hill for a second but no other real problems on the way up.

And after that we drop back down and meet up with the road that goes around that boulder hill.

Then we head back in there another couple of miles for the 3rd rocky area. I don't have many pics of that but I do have video.

Here is the youtube links for the Boulder hill.

My XJ

Mort's Ram

Alex's 99 Dakota
Old 12-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Okay so another couple of miles back in there you have to cross east creek again and at this point it is about 10 ft wide and no more than a foot deep. On the way back this is where the major carnage of the day happened. I will show you that last. So after the creek there is one more tough spot but not horible. We only got 2 pics, 1 of me and the other of Morts Ram.

Here are the YouTube Videos of the last part.

Me

Mort

Alex

The rest of the pics I have are just some messing around pics. I will post those and the horrible trail damage on Mort's truck tonight. Feel free to comment.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Okay so after all of that we kept on going a few more mile and reached what we thought was the end of the trail. I had packed some chips and sandwich stuff, so we all chilled and had lunch and let the dogs run around for a while. At that point I walked up the trail some more along a fence line that we had come upon. I discovered that you could keep going but we decided to head back at this point.

Here we are at the lunch area.

And the rest are just some good pics that the guys took along the way.

I did discover that I need more clearance under my differentials, or just better tire placement.

And this is the damage that Mort recieved due to a long truck not making a sharp turn with a huge boulder sticking out.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

ouch haha. sweet pics.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by JakeWI
ouch haha. sweet pics.
Thanks, we had alot of fun. I can't wait till next year when I can rock the 33" BFG MT's