Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

interesting trail damage

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default interesting trail damage

after my lift i put in the factory front sawybar and i was out snow wheelin the other day and i musta put alot of force on the front axle when i was flexing it over rocks and dirt mounds and what have you. the two links that connect the sway bar to the axle both snapped off at the top bolts with enough force that the links both wedges into my coil springs....lol it was one hell of a day, lemme tell ya.

so anyways i ordered 2 new ones off ebay for 24$ will be putting them in soon after i figure out how to pull them outa my springs lol

but hey thats the only thing ive broken in my jeep so far this thing is a ****ing tank!!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99

when i had my k5 i was fixing something every day!! i broke a wheel bearing like once a month, broke a spindel once, snaped axles front and rear, broken steering arms and tie rods, punched hole in gas tank once, ive shattered that 10 bolt welded rear end a couple times lol lets see what else? oh ya cant forget the time i took it off a jump and snaped off like 8 wheel lugs lol. man i beat the **** outa that truck and i was getting tired of fixing **** every day so i got a jeep haha this thing takes the abuse no problem. its soo smooth on trails too. im not used to that but i just cant get enough of the jeep thing..they kick ***
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by fixitman
when i had my k5 i was fixing something every day!! i broke a wheel bearing like once a month, broke a spindel once, snaped axles front and rear, broken steering arms and tie rods, punched hole in gas tank once, ive shattered that 10 bolt welded rear end a couple times lol lets see what else? oh ya cant forget the time i took it off a jump and snaped off like 8 wheel lugs lol. man i beat the **** outa that truck and i was getting tired of fixing **** every day so i got a jeep haha this thing takes the abuse no problem. its soo smooth on trails too. im not used to that but i just cant get enough of the jeep thing..they kick ***
Just remember, it has no frame so it can't take the abuse the k5 can. Go easy but wheel hard

Perhaps your stock links are too short for the 3" lift? They become angled at that height and force on them usually bends the upper threaded part and can snap it.

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=67