Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

A day in Hollister

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A day in Hollister

So yesterday was my first day off in I don't know how long. Months! No kidding either. So I decided to go to Hollister. Which from San Francisco isn't all that far, but I was in the east bay and there was 4 car accidents on I680 South. I swear you cali people can't drive for *****. So I sat in traffic for 2 hours and the actually driving was an hour and a half. So pretty much 4 hours later I arrive.
I get through the gate and find the first thing to mess around in. It's labeled as easy. A Green circle. Blue square is harder and then black diamond indicates that its for advanced skill level.
This first spot has a name but I forgot. I called it Sand bowl. Just like it sounds. Its a bowl full of sand and there is some water in it. You know what that makes right? yeah! not something I'd want to get stuck in. But there was some knuckle heads stuck in it. How these guys thought they could get a Nissan Exterra with grocery getter tires, no lift, no lockers, and no driving skills through it. Is beyond me. Wet sand up to the frame. Tires completely covered and a horrible 4x4 system. I helped dig them out with shovels, but I couldn't pull them out. So I loaded my jeep with these hispanic dudes. One of which was a midget. I love midgets. So the midget is the only one that speaks any lick of english. So he's asking me what I've done to the jeep and how much it costs. So I tell em. So I take these dudes wheelin with me since they got stuck. Freaked em out with half the things a jeep can do. The rocks, straight up hill climbing, thick mud. It was a blast. Sadly. Everyone flaked on me that said they would go. So I went solo. I couldn't get my disco's off. So I left the sway bar on. And I've got one blown shock until I get these damn Fox shocks. Taking forever!!!
This was my first time to Hollister in my jeep. Use to dirt bike ride there when I was a kid. It was really nice out. Not too hot. perfect breeze. Nice fluffy clouds and tons of blue in the sky. I don't own a digital point and shoot. Only a SLR which I didn't bring. So I got a disposable one. Film... I have to get it developed and then I'll load pix. Have no clue how they'll turn out.
So if anyone is every out that way or wants to meet up. Hit me up.