Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

WTB[SouthCent]: 97-01 Cherokee Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 l I-6
Default 97-01 Cherokee Interior

My 2WD 2001 Cherokee flooded in Harvey. Everything on the dash is okay. I have the rear hatch trim (it was in the garage). I've replaced the airbag controller. Existing dash is Charcoal Gray. I need just about everything else: Seats (I prefer power) Carpet, Seat belts, Door trim, Quarter Panel Trim, rocker panel trim, B-pillar trim, Drivers Side & Passenger Side kick panels rear vent duct, center console.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by sjalbert
My 2WD 2001 Cherokee flooded in Harvey. Everything on the dash is okay. I have the rear hatch trim (it was in the garage). I've replaced the airbag controller. Existing dash is Charcoal Gray. I need just about everything else: Seats (I prefer power) Carpet, Seat belts, Door trim, Quarter Panel Trim, rocker panel trim, B-pillar trim, Drivers Side & Passenger Side kick panels rear vent duct, center console.

Thanks
Unless that thing has some sentimental value, I can't imagine why you'd not just buy another XJ. You are going to have electrical and mechanical problems for YEARS, and you can probably pick up another one for less than it will cost you to replace the interior.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by wizardpc
Unless that thing has some sentimental value, I can't imagine why you'd not just buy another XJ. You are going to have electrical and mechanical problems for YEARS, and you can probably pick up another one for less than it will cost you to replace the interior.
I dropped a fresh engine in it 6 weeks ago and with the exception of the airbag controller (already replaced) and the power seats (trashed) the electrical didn't get wet.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 333 Likes on 277 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Im with wizard on this one. But if you are dead set on saving it, your best bet would be to find a complete donor to pull from. Or another XJ entirely. How high did the water get, exactly?

Theres a mess of wiring under the dash (including the DLC), along with a couple large connectors you do not want water in. If water got to the JB, that will corrode and cause all sorts of trouble down the road. Then there is wiring under the vehicle for water to get into. The cat along with the O2 sensors are a liability as well. Has it been running since the flood? Any water get into the axle? There is a lot to think about with a flood damaged vehicle. Its usually more work and trouble than its worth unless, like said, theres a sentimental attachment.

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/car-fl...s-it-possible/

Last edited by fb97xj1; 09-07-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:58 PM

It didn't get to the dash. It's been running and not throwing any codes. I found everything I needed today