Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

WTB[SouthEast]: 84-96 2 door cherokee seats

Old 06-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6
Default 84-96 2 door cherokee seats

I am looking for and want to buy a pair of seats for my 2 door Cherokee. Here are a couple of pics for exactly which seats I'm trying to find.

Anybody got a set they want to get rid of that are in very good shape?
Old 06-08-2015, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0

2 door seats are hard to come by and in good shape. You don't have any at all? My driver seat was tweaked when I bought the jeep and the vinyl was torn. I too figured I'd just find a used pair but nothing only 4 door sets. I paid a local upholstery guy $200 to re do my seats fixed the tweak and re upholstered everything almost original they look like new now. Something to consider if you have a bad pair and don't find anything.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by studmuffin
2 door seats are hard to come by and in good shape. You don't have any at all? My driver seat was tweaked when I bought the jeep and the vinyl was torn. I too figured I'd just find a used pair but nothing only 4 door sets. I paid a local upholstery guy $200 to re do my seats fixed the tweak and re upholstered everything almost original they look like new now. Something to consider if you have a bad pair and don't find anything.
Mine are in so-so shape, with mashed foam on the left side from getting in and out, plus they're missing the hardware which operates the seat back.

My sob story: I decided to have a local shop do mine. I gave him a deposit, and he took the seats. He took 5 weeks (when it was supposed to be 4 days) and brought back something so ugly, I shouldn't post a picture because I don't want you guys to die from laughter.

I asked him if he had the original covers, so I could take them somewhere else. He said he did, but would I at least give him another chance?

I decided to give him another chance, and he asked me to give him the balance I owed him because he had to fix his car. (oh-oh)

I gave him the balance, knowing full well what would happen, and yes, that's exactly what happened.

After another two weeks, I went to his place, asked for the covers, and told him to keep the money.

He gave me a big plastic bag of material. He took them completely apart.

So, I'm undecided between finding another shop that can stitch the parts back together (based on the picture above) or just buy another pair of seats and have them shipped down.

You are right about one thing, they are as rare as **** on a bull. I even had problems finding an image on Google.

So, I'm gonna do the "try to buy a set" for a week or so, and if I'm not successful, start looking for another shop.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:10 AM

Year: 1991

Yeah it's hit and miss with finding who can do good upholstery. Before going to a shop and paying big money I suggest looking local for somebody that can do a good job and works from home. Look at their work. A good upholstery guy will have multiple projects hes working on for you to see his work. I was quoted $700 for the 2 seats at a shop. I would buy an aftermarket set before paying that much these seats are fragile as it is almost not worth dumping that much to fix them. Good luck though man keep an eye on the jy's.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by studmuffin
Yeah it's hit and miss with finding who can do good upholstery. Before going to a shop and paying big money I suggest looking local for somebody that can do a good job and works from home. Look at their work. A good upholstery guy will have multiple projects hes working on for you to see his work. I was quoted $700 for the 2 seats at a shop. I would buy an aftermarket set before paying that much these seats are fragile as it is almost not worth dumping that much to fix them. Good luck though man keep an eye on the jy's.
Thanks brother.

I forgot to mention, I would also consider XJ seats in leather if somebody has them.

They'd have to be light or dark grey.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999

Too bad you aren't in Michigan. There's like 3 2 doors in the yard here.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by JeepStephie99
I'd be willing to pay a finders/shipper fee if they have what I'm looking for.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jdjonesdr
I'd be willing to pay a finders/shipper fee if they have what I'm looking for.
I looked at a few. And they are ripped bad in spots. However. There's a Jeep XJ freedom version with nice leather seats.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:07 AM
Seasoned Member

I looked at a few. And they are ripped bad in spots. However. There's a Jeep XJ freedom version with nice leather seats.
Oh, you rascal you... You just had to say that, didn't you?? LOL

Now tell me they're grey.

I don't think those will fit. The Freedom edition started in 2002, and the seats are supposedly different.

I may have lucked out. I was talking to a guy yesterday who told me about a Jeep Cherokee only upholstery shop.

He said they know the correct way to redo seats like new, and cheap. He said he paid 100 bucks for both front seats with the material included. Wouldn't that be rad?

I am having a hard time believing that, but it's worth checking out.

So, we're on hold here until Monday. Let's see what happens.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jdjonesdr
Oh, you rascal you... You just had to say that, didn't you?? LOL Now tell me they're grey. I don't think those will fit. The Freedom edition started in 2002, and the seats are supposedly different. I may have lucked out. I was talking to a guy yesterday who told me about a Jeep Cherokee only upholstery shop. He said they know the correct way to redo seats like new, and cheap. He said he paid 100 bucks for both front seats with the material included. Wouldn't that be rad? I am having a hard time believing that, but it's worth checking out. So, we're on hold here until Monday. Let's see what happens.
They are grey I honestly think. And Cherokees ended in 01.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:17 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

Where in MI? I'm looking for a set of 97-98 in light grey.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by rossd14
Where in MI? I'm looking for a set of 97-98 in light grey.
Kalamazoo Area. I'm waiting to see if someone wants the seats before I go there and pull the drivers door.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Since I haven't been flooded with gobs of seat offers, I'm trying a second upholstery shop.

This guy says it's a very "technical" seat because of the construction, but he is confident he can bring it back to very close to original. We shall see next Saturday. He pulled the passenger seat, and will fabricate both sides and complete the job then.

Just for chits and giggles, here's some pics of the botched passenger seat. Note the cream instead of grey vinyl, the color of the fabric (blue grey with red flecks), no stitching, and the overall construction. The drivers side is just as bad.

Name:  IMG_20150613_092648_zpsweseayik.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  419.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20150613_092708_zpsdfdoponl.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  464.8 KB

Not something you'd want to show your mother.

Last edited by jdjonesdr; 06-14-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:58 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

Kalamazoo Area. I'm waiting to see if someone wants the seats before I go there and pull the drivers door.
I just went to LTP in Kazo and found two sets but they were pre 97s. Is that what you're referring to?
Old 06-14-2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by rossd14
I just went to LTP in Kazo and found two sets but they were pre 97s. Is that what you're referring to?

There's a red one. That's 97-01. It's leather seats inside. I'll be there tomorrow. This is what it looked like before I removed the front end clip.

84-96  2 door cherokee seats-image-2937737229.jpg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB[SouthEast]: 84-96 2 door cherokee seats