For sale ***This area has been closed. You can view posts but can not create new posts or reply to existing posts in here.***

Selling my 99 XJ Sport 4x4 4D, stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Straight 6
Default Selling my 99 XJ Sport 4x4 4D, stock

I'm selling one of my XJs. I've got it posted in the Abilene, TX craigslist. $3000 is steep because of the rust damage, but Cherokees sell high here in central Texas.
Copy and paste from CL:

This Jeep has been my daily driver for the past 5 years. Every mechanical problem its had, I've had fixed. However, I've not put much work into cosmetic and comfort items.
Engine runs smooth. I've recently pulled a 3000lb trailer from Florida to Texas, and had zero issues. Doesn't overheat, the A/C blows cold, and there are no check engine lights.
I love this Jeep and in no hurry to sell it, thus low balling is pointless.

Replaced upper block (core cylinder head) and all associated gaskets 40,000 miles ago.
Replaced radiator, water pump, electric fan and shroud, and A/C compressor 40,000 miles ago.
Replaced alternator and battery about 10,000 miles ago.
Oil changes close to every 3,000 miles and spark plugs, wires, and air filter as needed.
Was getting random codes, so replaced PCM a few weeks ago. Fixed the problem.
Transmission has never given me any problems.
P235/75R15 tires 5000 miles ago.
Battery was being drained a few months ago, so I had a shop check all grounds and fix all worn connections.

The bad:
The driver's window has to be help when lowering, but it raises no problem. The passenger window fell off the track and I haven't gotten it checked out, instead i just used a wire to hold it/lower it (not the prettiest, but its functional). Rear power windows work perfectly.
It has some rust on the sides and bottom that you can see in the pictures.
The power locks drained my battery, so I pulled the fuse years ago. The key only works on the passenger door, but all 4 doors can be locked/unlocked from the inside. The hatch however can not be locked, thus I use a bike lock to lock it (again, not idea, but functional). The radio was stolen about a year ago, and since the locks are annoying, I've never replaced it.
The headliner is starting to droop.
Rear windshield wiper is seized up.
Brakes will be due for a replacement sometime soon.

I can forward more pictures.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old 05-15-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Straight 6

I've reposted this on craigslist. This time its for sale in Franklin, TN (my parents house). Posted at $2900, but I'd take $2500.