Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

First off I should explain my thoughts so this dosen't sound too strange to you guys.

A few years ago I started seeing brackets that completely disregarded all the rules about Link Suspensinons as we knew them to be. The changes that have come to be accepted as the way to do it no longer care about seperation, not vertical or linear. Did those rules change overnight? No, they didn't. What changed was a few companies saw a way to make things easier, for them and the many people bought into the idea. Now every company making anything for link suspensions has these. Why don't we?

We do not make a combination upper/lower link bracket with 4" (or less) of vertical seperation and no inches of linear seperation. I simply do not agree with it. It certainly makes installations easier but it also limits you to only what you can do using that type of bracket.

Our Link Brackets are not holding you to any pre-determined limits. Our Link Brackets ALLOW you to make your rig work as well as you can design it. Not limiting you in any way.

I know I am going to get some flack for this but I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Anyway here they are, our new 4 Link Kits!

For Framed Rigs

This is it, everything in one package for a great price, and not low end stuff just to be cheap either! The kit is wrapped around 8 of our 1.25" Heat Treated Chromoly Heims with Stainless High Misalignment, Zink Plated Jam nuts, and 1.5" Tube ID Weld Bungs. Not a low end cartridge type joint in sight.

The Upper Frame brackets are our 25 degree 5 way Adjustable link brackets. The Lower Frame brackets are our venerable Chassis Link brackets, time tested and proven for optimum performance.

For the axle end we have our Axle Mount Link brackets and our New Truss that we have refined for additional strength while shedding uneeded pounds. On the Truss we keep it simple with 4 of our 3/8" thick Flat Bottomed Link Tabs.

For Tube Chassis Rigs

Everything on the axle is the same as the other but the tube side is different.

The Upper Chassis brackets are our 10-35 Degree 5 Way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets. The Lower Chassis brackets are 10-35 Degree 3 way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets for optimum performance.

The only choice you need to make is if the Truss needs to span a Large third member (D60, D70, 14 Bolt, Sterling, Eaton, Dodge 9.75, etc...) or a Medium sized third member (Ford 8.8, D44, Ford 9", Toyota, etc...). If you want to make more changes give us a call and we can see what we can do!

These are $740 as you see them, about $100 less than if you bought everything seperately and thanks for reading my rant!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Default New Lower Price!

These have been selling like crazy and due to making more of everything involved we were able to lower the prices so now this kit is $680!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Do it up! I know they do pretty good with leaf springs but links are at least 25% better...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0, k&n intake Flomaster cat back

would you happen to have any pics of this kit installed?

also is there much more than the tubes for the uca's and lca's that i would have to buy?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Not much more but the driveshaft may be needing lengthening if you change much. We do not have any of this because we have been making all the parts for 5 years. Many people do small changes too but we can swap out anything to make it right for you!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Former Sponsor

I just saw a post that echo's my thoughts exactly, after you go 4 link you will never look back! But you may need new friends because the guys on leaf springs will not be able to keep up with you! There is so much room under the rear of an XJ it is so easy!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Former Sponsor

I should re-state this.

This kit is really good for any vehicle/axle combination but it dosen't come with pages and pages of instruction. The kit is for the kind of guy willing to do some research and decide for themselves just what would work best.

I am not the kind of guy to lie to you and say what we make is perfect for any situation, we make the parts so you can make it perfect for YOUR situation!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Time to get 1 coming! A Cherokee was just made for a rear 4 link, so much room, so easy!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Another long night preparing for KOH. For those of you that do not know, we are supporting 15 teams that either run our axles or heims. And any other team that needs help. It is a huge undertaking and we are almost ready, 5 of us are leaving here next Friday for 8 days of fun and games (Work) on the lakebed...
Old 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

So I take it you are considering the XJ to be a vehicle with a frame ?...So the kit I should order is the framed vehicle ?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1tonxj
So I take it you are considering the XJ to be a vehicle with a frame ?...So the kit I should order is the framed vehicle ?
Yes, however you would certainly want to hardface your mounting points. And sorry for the delay in answering, I was at KOH for 8 days and I am just now catching up...We left 8 guys in the shop but I am the only one that answers these posts...
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Time to get a kit coming your way...
Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Originally Posted by Dan Fredrickson
Time to get a kit coming your way...
Tossing the idea around ...But I got money/time into the leafs ,so I'm going to run them for atleast half the summer ...I'm maxing out 30 inch travel shocks with leafs and could get it to do more with changing a few things ,but will most likely go coil to be trendy .
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Be an individual!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996

can you swap out the Hiems for a suffer flex type joint. I'm not a fan of hiems for links

Quick Reply: The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!