Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

10% Off - Brown Dog Motor Mounts & Engine Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 10% Off - Brown Dog Motor Mounts & Engine Brackets

Just a reminder, all Cherokee Forum supporters get 10% off any purchase. When checking out, use code: CF2011

www.BrownDogOffroad.com
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Former Sponsor

FYI - We did some price adjustments over the weekend. Some went up, but most went down.

There's still Free Shipping on all products.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

What about shipping to Canada (Ontario)? This is on my to-do list soon (along with trans mount). Thanks.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 HO I6

Got mine in the mail Monday, they are going in this weekend. I can't wait...they look great!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cherokee9t8
What about shipping to Canada (Ontario)? This is on my to-do list soon (along with trans mount). Thanks.
Canadian shipping is via Postal Service Flat Rate Priority Mail. Our last shipment took one week from our local post office to delivery to our customer in BC. We've found Ontario to take approximately the same time. The closer to Christmas, the longer it takes. There are two prices for shipping. If you order engine brackets, it's (USD): $33.95USD. Motor mounts: $23.95. More info here.

At this time we do not offer a transmission mount, but we do recommend changing motor and transmission mounts at one time.

Cheers,
Old 11-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

10% Discount. Free Shipping. 100% Made in USA.
Choose Ultra-Flex Rubber or Classic Polyurethane!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Free Shipping to any state, territory, and military (APO, FPO) address continues through the holidays. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6 H.O.

About to order some for my Cherokee right now!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 PM

So these vs ironman4x4 monster motor mounts?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Engine: 4.0L I6

Any benefits to replacing your mounts if your old stock one's are not worn, or causing issues?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KJamesJR
Any benefits to replacing your mounts if your old stock one's are not worn, or causing issues?
Thank you for asking! I wish I had a dime for every customer I tell NOT to buy our products. The short answer is, no, not at this time.

The longer answer is: it depends. Although every situation is different, here are some brief guidelines based only on how the XJ is used. These guidelines do not take into account and recent or planned modifications such as suspension lift, stroked engine, etc.

How are you using your XJ?
- IF it's only on highways and relatively smooth streets/gravel roads, I absolutely would stick with strap-style motor mounts.

- And this likely won't apply to you because your strap-style mounts are in good shape and you don't have any issues at this time ...
IF you are driving on pot-hole filled streets and/or gravel roads and/or do some occasional light-moderate trails/sand/mudding AND you're going through motor mounts every couple years; I would install a right (passenger-side) engine bracket that bolts to eight existing thread bosses on the engine block. This will protect your engine from falling due to sheared bolts and/or broken thread bosses. We developed this bracket for Jeep dealers and repair shops who see customers with sheared bolts and broken thread bosses where the original engine bracket attaches to the block. We get multiple calls every day from customers who have never gone off-roading and have an engine with broken thread bosses. Each of these customers are extremely thankful they're able to save their engine from the scrap heap. In this situation, whether you change motor mounts (and likely transmission mount) depends on your plans. Usually we recommend our Ultra-Flex rubber motor mounts, if high-performance mounts are needed.

- IF you plan to lift your XJ and/or off-road more frequently, I'd install at least the right (passenger side) engine bracket and a pair of high-performance motor mounts (usually our Ultra-Flex rubber mounts are recommended).

- IF your XJ is mostly used off-road and not as your daily driver, I'd get the full Super Kit in polyurethane.

If you have any questions, give us a call...we can help you determine if/which of our products are best for your current and future needs.

Again, thank you for asking. (And apologies for the long answer!)

Last edited by Brown Dog; 03-27-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AbsoluteAggressor
About to order some for my Cherokee right now!
Thank you for the order. We appreciate your business. As always, if you have any questions now/during/after installation; be sure to call. Our phones are forwarded after hours and weekends for technical assistance. Don't bust your knuckles, use a pry bar, or yell at your dog. Give us a call, even when you're under your XJ.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by Brown Dog

Again, thank you for asking. (And apologies for the long answer!)
Very informative. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 AM

Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6 H.O.

Originally Posted by Brown Dog

Thank you for the order. We appreciate your business. As always, if you have any questions now/during/after installation; be sure to call. Our phones are forwarded after hours and weekends for technical assistance. Don't bust your knuckles, use a pry bar, or yell at your dog. Give us a call, even when you're under your XJ.
Will do if needed! Thanks
And I could never yell at this face.

10% Off - Brown Dog Motor Mounts & Engine Brackets-forumrunner_20120328_101239.jpg
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Reminder - These high performance motor mounts slip into XJ and MJ OE driver side bracket. No trimming. No grinding. No interference. Every Brown Dog product is engineered to bolt-in with no modifications.

Quick Reply: 10% Off - Brown Dog Motor Mounts & Engine Brackets