Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smittybilt w/ C-Rok

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default Smittybilt w/ C-Rok

I messaged C-Rok but have not heard a response back yet so I figured I would post it here.

I ordered the Smittybilt bumper package. Comes with front XRC and rear XRC w/tire carrier as well as sliders. I was looking at the install notes and it says I need to remove the steering box bolts.

I figured if I was already there I might as well buy and install the C-Rok spacing plate. But I just wanted some verification that it will still work with an aftermarket bumper (I imagine it will but I just want to be on the safe side before I spend the money).

Also while looking at the spacing plate I saw they had front frame stiffeners and figured I might install those while I was it at, but their description says that "This arrangement works well for the DYI guys who build their own front bumper" so I wasn't sure if it would work with the smittybilt, I also saw on the smittybilt parts list that it comes with x2 mounting plates and x2 frame spacers so I'm assuming that those are the equivalent of frame stiffeners....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Jake