Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Ripped off by 505 Performance. Bad Review.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Ripped off by 505 Performance. Bad Review.

I'm posting this to let everyone know my experience with 505 performance. It was not a good one. It started back in september. First I bought the 4.0 race head. three weeks later no tracking number or shipping updates. So i called him. Zach said it should be shipped any day. Ok no problem after all this made as ordered stuff takes time. Got the head about a week later. Ok looks good. So I buy the 4.9 stroker kit in the beginning of october. two and a half weeks later I get the box with the pistons, rods, bearings and som other small stuff. nother week goes by. nothing. So I call again. answering machine full but he called me right back saying "I just happen to be getting the rest of your things together now." So we get to talking and I decide to buy the rocker arms for $440. He said they were 1.62 ratio. So he sends me a bill through paypal which i paid right away. A few days later I get my crankshaft, gaskets, camshaft, injectors, and a few other things. All i didnt receive yet was the timing set. And rocker arms obviously. So about another week later I get the timing set by itself. So ok cool I figured. So after that I lost track of time with cetain things going on in my life I happen to realize i never got the rocker arms a few days ago. So i emailed him. He emails back saying I had them shipped weeks ago and gives me the tracking number. Shows it coming in a 5 lb 10x7x3 package way back on oct 29. Funny thats the same day and size box my timing set came in. 5 lbs sounds about right too. So i let him know what I believed the confusion was. Didnt hear back from him. My opinion is he should not have a business. It is not right to have to babysit and constanly call about what is going on with my orders. So in all he has $440 I cant get back which he most likely is not giving back. and my paypal says the part was delivered when you look under that bill. Yea the timing set was delivered.....I really do not know if the timing set tracking number was attached to the rocker arm bill intentionally or not. Like really how hard is it to send shipping updates with every item the day you ship them. We pay good money for these parts. Good luck if you do business with him. I know I would not recommend him to anyone.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996

Thanks for the heads up!! I was going to order my rockers through them next month!!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:20 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by JeepsAreForSpeed
I'm posting this to let everyone know my experience with 505 performance. It was not a good one. It started back in september. First I bought the 4.0 race head. three weeks later no tracking number or shipping updates. So i called him. Zach said it should be shipped any day. Ok no problem after all this made as ordered stuff takes time. Got the head about a week later. Ok looks good. So I buy the 4.9 stroker kit in the beginning of october. two and a half weeks later I get the box with the pistons, rods, bearings and som other small stuff. nother week goes by. nothing. So I call again. answering machine full but he called me right back saying "I just happen to be getting the rest of your things together now." So we get to talking and I decide to buy the rocker arms for $440. He said they were 1.62 ratio. So he sends me a bill through paypal which i paid right away. A few days later I get my crankshaft, gaskets, camshaft, injectors, and a few other things. All i didnt receive yet was the timing set. And rocker arms obviously. So about another week later I get the timing set by itself. So ok cool I figured. So after that I lost track of time with cetain things going on in my life I happen to realize i never got the rocker arms a few days ago. So i emailed him. He emails back saying I had them shipped weeks ago and gives me the tracking number. Shows it coming in a 5 lb 10x7x3 package way back on oct 29. Funny thats the same day and size box my timing set came in. 5 lbs sounds about right too. So i let him know what I believed the confusion was. Didnt hear back from him. My opinion is he should not have a business. It is not right to have to babysit and constanly call about what is going on with my orders. So in all he has $440 I cant get back which he most likely is not giving back. and my paypal says the part was delivered when you look under that bill. Yea the timing set was delivered.....I really do not know if the timing set tracking number was attached to the rocker arm bill intentionally or not. Like really how hard is it to send shipping updates with every item the day you ship them. We pay good money for these parts. Good luck if you do business with him. I know I would not recommend him to anyone.
Did you get a packing slip with that order? Should tell you exactly what was in the box...sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but let me say this: you also dropped the ball. You assumed the rockers were shipped separately, and waited to contact him. Just as you got busy, he gets busy too, things fall through the cracks sometimes. You can try to open a dispute with paypal to get your money back, but since it's been so long, you might have issues there. Call him back and give him a chance to resolve, if he doesn't, open a dispute. Good luck to you, man...
Old 12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92

He could have called the next day and got the same response. Zach hasn't been handling issues well at all . I'm constantly hearing complaints about issues with 505.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:52 AM
kgm
CF Veteran

Year: 99

If you are going to sell your wares as a professional, you need to be professional. There will always be someone else ready to take your spot. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:28 PM

Could not file a claim with paypal because it was over 45 days since the purchase date. Which was partially my fault yes. UPDATE! talked with zach on the phone. It appears that because i did the stroker kit order online and the rockerarm purchase and stroker shipping over the phone the orders went together and thus timing set was shipped as rocker arms. He was very helpful over the phone and did appologize. should be getting the rockers in a week or two we shall see.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:31 PM

UPDATE. He said he shipped them a few weeks ago. Well I still never got them. He didnt get back to me when I said I still didnt get them. I give up....
Old 02-20-2014, 02:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92

UPDATE. He said he shipped them a few weeks ago. Well I still never got them. He didnt get back to me when I said I still didnt get them. I give up....
Get the tracking number from him
Old 02-20-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by N20jeep
Get the tracking number from him
If I could get ahold of him.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"[/FONT]
My experience with 505 has been nothing short of awesome. Yeah it takes some time to get some of the items but when I look at the grand scheme of things I think it's pretty cool that they can send out such great parts and have a warranty like they do. I called a couple of times and Zach does seem busy but he is the most knowledgeable person I have spoken with about my jeep an so far every part he has shipped to me has only enhanced it's performance. I know you pay good money for the parts but you do get what you pay for. I have purchased a bunch of Jeep performance parts over the years and I am willing to wait for parts of this quality. I know when I order items from anywhere I keep track via phone/email to know the status. Businesses have a lot of people to tend to therefore I feel it is the customers resposibility to check up on their order. I have also come to learn when buying custom anything for my jeep I will have to wait. But hey isn't it a project when you are doing rebuilds. AND don't projects tend to take a little time? If you are doing this in a rush and trying to get everything done quickly......you shouldn't be rebuilding your old jeep motor - go buy a new jeep. Try not to be so bitter there are a bunch of really bad businesses out there but 505 Performance seems to have a pretty good track record considering how long they have been in business and the very few complaints. In my world I always say, "Ya can't please em' all"
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by jeepnforlife
My experience with 505 has been nothing short of awesome. Yeah it takes some time to get some of the items but when I look at the grand scheme of things I think it's pretty cool that they can send out such great parts and have a warranty like they do. I called a couple of times and Zach does seem busy but he is the most knowledgeable person I have spoken with about my jeep an so far every part he has shipped to me has only enhanced it's performance. I know you pay good money for the parts but you do get what you pay for. I have purchased a bunch of Jeep performance parts over the years and I am willing to wait for parts of this quality. I know when I order items from anywhere I keep track via phone/email to know the status. Businesses have a lot of people to tend to therefore I feel it is the customers resposibility to check up on their order. I have also come to learn when buying custom anything for my jeep I will have to wait. But hey isn't it a project when you are doing rebuilds. AND don't projects tend to take a little time? If you are doing this in a rush and trying to get everything done quickly......you shouldn't be rebuilding your old jeep motor - go buy a new jeep. Try not to be so bitter there are a bunch of really bad businesses out there but 505 Performance seems to have a pretty good track record considering how long they have been in business and the very few complaints. In my world I always say, "Ya can't please em' all"
What a first post. I'm sick of people defending weasels who should be shut down. Are you affiliated with 505?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2 Door 1996
Engine: 4.0 L H.O.

i hear ya guyz...thats bull pucky..i never dealt with them, but had same problem with other companies.they just give you run around...and jeepnforlife as you can see the post was 2 months apart when he said rockers are ''On the way''in 2 weeks NOT 2 months..Soo not being in a hurry...uhhh yeah...
Old 01-03-2018, 06:01 PM

Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default Buyer beware.... 505 Performance...

We ended up losing our heirloom 1954 Jeep and over $35K in the whole with attorney expenses and costs after winning a judgment against 505 Performance. Please see case number CV2016-052229 with Superior Court of Arizona, County of Maricopa Remark vs Zach Steele dba 505 Performance. We prevailed in court and won a judgment of $86,201.99 plus $4567 in cost and $58,504.50 in attorney's fees. Then and had to spend over $35K more in costs and attorney's fees to collect the judgment..... buyer beware. We've attached the recorded judgment for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Judgment (recorded).pdf (907.2 KB, 354 views)
Old 01-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Originally Posted by dmremark
We ended up losing our heirloom 1954 Jeep and over $35K in the whole with attorney expenses and costs after winning a judgment against 505 Performance.
Dang, man, don't just drop that out there without telling the story. How did you lose your Jeep? The judgment doesn't give any detail about what happened.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Originally Posted by jeepnforlife
My experience with 505 has been nothing short of awesome.
I know that's an old post, but that guy should have been banned just for trying to use Comic Sans.

Quick Reply: Ripped off by 505 Performance. Bad Review.