Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Please help!

Okay guys, I have a done tons of searching on here and else where about a violent shaking I get in my jeep and all I can find is death wobble. However I don't think it is death wobble. I have a 95 cherokee sport with 31" tires and I believe a 3" lift (it was on there when I bought it). I've had her for about 4 years now and a few months ago it started violently shaking on the highway at about 70-75 mph. All the death wobble info I've found says front end but this feels mid jeep to rear end, and the steering wheel isn't ripped from my grasp. I got 2 new rear tires and all 4 balanced and it solved my problem half way. I can accelerate up highway speeds no problem now. However going over rough pavement, filled potholes, etc. even as low as 45 mph the violent shaking still occurs. Is this death wobble? Any ideas??
Old 08-14-2015, 06:56 AM

Also the shaking intensifis unless I slow down to about 30mph where it stops, and then I can drive off as if nothing has happened
Old 08-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

I have the same issue my 99 shakes really bad when I hit 70 on the highway but I only have a bb and 30s