Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Headlight switch problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Headlight switch problem ?

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. My Jeep is a 94 XJ with 248,xxx miles. Anyways, heres a run down of the occurances from the past day.

On my way home last night, my headlights and gauge lights shut themselves off and turned themselves back on a few times. I go to switch the headlights this morning, and get nothing except the parking lights. I reaplace the headlight switch. After that, I had headlights, but no gauge lights. I find a blown fuse and replace it, so now I have have headlights, and gauge lights.

The dome light, however, will not come on when I turn the headlight **** completly clockwise til it clicks. The dome light will come on when I open the door though. Im out of ideas.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you know since it works when the door is open that the ground from the bulb and bulb itself are good, means you have a bad connection at the switch. I'd try taking the switch apart or out and seeing if there are any loose wires since the light and ground for the light are fine