Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here All Modified, NON-OEM tech goes here. IE:Aftermarket Lifts, Shocks, Tires, Performance, etc..

Iron rock 3" lift question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.0/4.7
Default Iron rock 3" lift question

Okay some of you are aware that I've got a 3" iron rock lift kit in my 99 grand, was done by a previous owner roughly 5 years ago. My question is, the rear end seems to be sitting back further than it should as in, it's not centered in the wheel well, there are adjustments on the rear control arms and I assume the driveshaft slides based on the look of it... Something easy enough to do? #clueless
Old 05-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Seasoned Member

So this is what I'm talking about. See the rear tire and how its back a bit from center. Now ,I looked at the control arms and the top has no more adjustment inward, the lowers do, but at the moment the axle is sitting level with the ground. If i was to adjust the lower it would pitch upward.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Seasoned Member

Update on this is that I ended up with no advice here so i called iron rock and the guy told me based on my description of the way it's set up...to take the retainer nut off the upper and move it to the inside of the upper control arm so I have the extra space to thread it in hence centering the rear without pitching my dif upwards.