Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo death wobble. How do I fix it frustrated millions of an >

02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo death wobble. How do I fix it frustrated millions of an

Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here All Modified, NON-OEM tech goes here. IE:Aftermarket Lifts, Shocks, Tires, Performance, etc..

02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo death wobble. How do I fix it frustrated millions of an

Old 11-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo death wobble. How do I fix it frustrated millions of an

my 02 Jeep Cherokee Laredo has problem with the front end death wobble driving me crazy
Old 11-10-2017, 12:57 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

What have you done to fix it already? Is it lifted? How many miles on it? Is it shaking violently so you can't steer?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Model: Cherokee

Do a "Dry Steer" test to help determine what is loose. Bad/loose Trackbar bushings are a common cause. Check ball joints and tierod ends too.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2l

I feel your frustration! I have replaced everything and now I have found out the cause. My new parts include: Adj trac bar, U&L ball joints, crossover steering upgrade, etc.

Mine is coming from the bolt on the axle mount. The hole has become worn and is now too large for the bolt. Causing the bolt to move just enough for the death wobble. I am now looking at purchasing a new mount that will be welded and used to replace the existing OEM bracket. This will allow me to have full access to the nut on the reverse side also, instead of the dumb little pocket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: