what to do before 300K >

what to do before 300K

what to do before 300K

Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default what to do before 300K

My 91 XJ is about to hit 300k (299,8xx) and lowkey want to celebrate by buying a new part (more on the expensive side) that would maybe help out with the engine or something! Was thinking along the lines of a new radiator or trans cooler but I'm not sure yet...At first I was thinking about new seats or some light pods (not a huge fan of light bars) but I always come back to something that would help the jeep not me. Maybe like a THOR Cowl intake or dual batteries or something! Any advice helps! Thanks guys
Old 07-11-2018, 11:51 AM
CF Veteran

Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

New injectors and upstream O2 sensor would be worthwhile if yours are stock!
​​​​
Rad/trans cooler is pretty cheap actually, a replacement radiator is only $80 or so, and a trans cooler shouldn't cost more than $50 in total

Some Truck Lite knock off headlights (around $100) would be a huge improvement if you do not live in a snowy area (they are LED and do not put out any heat)

Last edited by investinwaffles; 07-11-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:06 PM

Model: Cherokee

Cold Air intake
Old 07-23-2018, 11:43 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l

As investin waffles said a nice emissions update would help. 4 hole or even 12 hole injectors would help along with o2 sensors, catalytic converter. Check the brakes for apparent divots in the rails for the pad to slide in (iirc) maybe a new muffler or check the exhaust manifold for cracks, Or a more tedious upgrade is maybe the 3 fan upgrade from dirtbound. Hmmmm maybe install a limited slip/locker or lockersssssssss. Novac shifter. Refresh suspension components, drivetrain and maybe get a blackstone oil sample and see what your engine is doing. Hmmmm whatelse... Oh! maybe a paint job check for rust like floor pans and common rust areas, maybe a new crankshaft position sensor if you havent replaced it already witha mopar unit or a more bigger one is replace all sensors lol. Bigger project side is refresh engine gaskets and whatnot. orrrr if youre like me and like to ram, slide, roll or back into things some nice bumpers would be nice lol. Remember when you crush a fender flare go awww crap now i gotta get new ones and just dont reveal the fact its a pathetic excuse for new bushwacker flares. also with age it wouldnt be a bad idea ro replace all weather stripping on windows, doors and ect. Vacuum test your system for leaks and replace worn hoses and such. List goes on and on im just going for my list lol. Dunno the condition of yours. Good luck tho!