Turkey season

Old 04-04-2017, 09:02 AM

Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Turkey season

6+ inches of rain the last two weeks made for some fun wheeling in the jeep to get to my turkey spot for opening day. The jeep did its job and the turkeys cooperated
Attached Thumbnails Turkey season-photo401.jpg  
Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Year: 1997

Congrats! Good looking bird, at least what's left of him haha. Still waiting for season to open up here in VA.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:26 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990
Model: Comanche (MJ)

Nice tom!
i never really got excited for turkey season. always got my tag but it was a "o hey look a tom, bang" or taking my shotgun for a hike while i horn hunt, and spot a flock on the hill.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Year: 1996

Originally Posted by WyoCherokee View Post
Nice tom!
i never really got excited for turkey season. always got my tag but it was a "o hey look a tom, bang" or taking my shotgun for a hike while i horn hunt, and spot a flock on the hill.

Turkey season is a social season for me. I hunt a lot but most of my hunting (elk, deer, bear, etc) is obviously solo. Turkey season is different. Its easy to take friends along, the kids, whatever and just have some fun in the woods. When it gets slow we shed hunt, look for morels, or catch a few bass from the pond. While most of my hunting is pretty serious turkey hunting for me is more like a 5+ week party. I have a buddy from out of state who got into town last night with his two boys. We'll be hunting together the next 5 days. The following week my godfather will be in from KY for a few days. Then I will be hosting a couple of our shows industry sponsors for a couple hunts. Lots of good times,

I totally gave up the boom stick for turkey a few years back. It had become boring and frankly kinda too easy. Now I up the ante by only bowhunting them, shots must be under 10-12 yds and headshots only. That made shooting them fun again... something about watching their heads flop off just makes my smile