Things to put on your bucket list

Things to put on your bucket list

Old 05-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Things to put on your bucket list

I think it would be fun to share bucket list items. And it doesn't have to be a $10,000 vacation. I would say include anything you want to share with others. And I REALLY encourage everyone to share things they have already done that they suggest others try. For example I will start with one that you might not expect. I did this once and it was SO MUCH FUN that it is on my bucket list to do again...

I will start off by saying I don't even really like bars. But I DO like having a good time. Several years back my best friends moved to Tennessee. Wife and I went to visit them in the summer. They lived 30 minutes from Nashville, so of course we wanted to check that out. We get to Nashville and walk around and look at all the cool stuff. Then we get to a bar. A very famous bar chain. Coyote Ugly. Now in my life I try to keep a positive outlook but few things ever meet your expectations and very few exceed them. I had seen the movie Coyote Ugly and loved the movie. But never imagined it was really like that in REAL LIFE. Well it was! It was absolutely the most fun I have ever had in a bar and it was EXACTLY like the movie! Exactly! People from 21 to 81 all having a good time, bar tenders AND patrons dancing ON the bar amongst flaming liquor ON the bar. I know a bunch of you, if you even read this far, are calling BS. But I swear on the name of Jeep it is 100% like the movie and SO MUCH FUN. We stayed SIX HOURS it was that much fun. Our particular bartender had a catch phrase question she used, that I still use to this day. She would come by where the four of us were sitting and ask "Time for another drinky drink?" Now any time I have an adult beverage it is called a drinky drink. LOL.

So anyway, I don't mean AT ALL for this thread to be about bars. That one just happened to pop into my head. So what is on your bucket list?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth View Post
I think it would be fun to share bucket list items. And it doesn't have to be a $10,000 vacation. I would say include anything you want to share with others. And I REALLY encourage everyone to share things they have already done that they suggest others try. For example I will start with one that you might not expect. I did this once and it was SO MUCH FUN that it is on my bucket list to do again...

I will start off by saying I don't even really like bars. But I DO like having a good time. Several years back my best friends moved to Tennessee. Wife and I went to visit them in the summer. They lived 30 minutes from Nashville, so of course we wanted to check that out. We get to Nashville and walk around and look at all the cool stuff. Then we get to a bar. A very famous bar chain. Coyote Ugly. Now in my life I try to keep a positive outlook but few things ever meet your expectations and very few exceed them. I had seen the movie Coyote Ugly and loved the movie. But never imagined it was really like that in REAL LIFE. Well it was! It was absolutely the most fun I have ever had in a bar and it was EXACTLY like the movie! Exactly! People from 21 to 81 all having a good time, bar tenders AND patrons dancing ON the bar amongst flaming liquor ON the bar. I know a bunch of you, if you even read this far, are calling BS. But I swear on the name of Jeep it is 100% like the movie and SO MUCH FUN. We stayed SIX HOURS it was that much fun. Our particular bartender had a catch phrase question she used, that I still use to this day. She would come by where the four of us were sitting and ask "Time for another drinky drink?" Now any time I have an adult beverage it is called a drinky drink. LOL.

So anyway, I don't mean AT ALL for this thread to be about bars. That one just happened to pop into my head. So what is on your bucket list?
I went to the coyote ugly in las vegas. It was quite fun

i guess i would say skydiving as being on my bucket list, but it'll probably stay ther lol...i like the idea but probably wouldn't dare jump
Old 05-03-2018, 04:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

I want a ride in a hot air balloon. Not a big problem because of the Jamesville Balloon Fest here every year, it's just I haven't done it yet! I once helped a guy inflate his bag and when it got upright, he said "Okay! Jump in!" I couldn't because I had my wife, son, and her sister with me and I was the only driver! Damn! He pointed to an 18 year old kid who also helped and the kid dove head first into the basket! It about tore my heart out watching them rise. My wife took one look at my face and said "Thanks."

I've spent many hours flying with my dad and loved every minute of it. I even logged 40 hours right seat time in a twin. I just never had the time or money to pursue my license.

Never flown in a chopper either.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:47 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998

Interesting topic. I'd say finish getting my wife/kids/grandkids set up for when I kick the bucket, travel with my wife more, spend more time with my grandkids, find more ways to give .gov at every level the middle finger everyday and drive a Jan Fatthauer-built Porsche 9ff GT9-R just once.

And martlor, you really should try sky-diving just once; it's an amazing experience for a human being and one you will never forget.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:31 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by dave1123 View Post
I want a ride in a hot air balloon. Not a big problem because of the Jamesville Balloon Fest here every year, it's just I haven't done it yet! I once helped a guy inflate his bag and when it got upright, he said "Okay! Jump in!" I couldn't because I had my wife, son, and her sister with me and I was the only driver! Damn! He pointed to an 18 year old kid who also helped and the kid dove head first into the basket! It about tore my heart out watching them rise. My wife took one look at my face and said "Thanks."

I've spent many hours flying with my dad and loved every minute of it. I even logged 40 hours right seat time in a twin. I just never had the time or money to pursue my license.

Never flown in a chopper either.
I have the Albuquerque international balloon fiesta here. Its the most popular and biggest festival for balloons in the world....and it is a damn sight to see all the balloons rise at once.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:32 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 4WD4EVER View Post
Interesting topic. I'd say finish getting my wife/kids/grandkids set up for when I kick the bucket, travel with my wife more, spend more time with my grandkids, find more ways to give .gov at every level the middle finger everyday and drive a Jan Fatthauer-built Porsche 9ff GT9-R just once.

And martlor, you really should try sky-diving just once; it's an amazing experience for a human being and one you will never forget.
i just think i might go into cardiac arrest falling! Id want to pull that damn parachutr asap i feel lol
Old 05-03-2018, 09:56 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by Martlor13 View Post
i just think i might go into cardiac arrest falling! Id want to pull that damn parachutr asap i feel lol
Haha! Yes, I understand. My own experience is that it's something you have to really want to do and not just have a vague feeling you might want to try it. The reason I say this is that I will never forget the first time I went when I was 15. There was a group of 3 of us in the 5 hr training session. One male at least 10 yrs older than me and a female at least 10 yrs older than me. Naturally, we're all excited and gung-ho through the training. As we exited the hangar we were training in and walking toward the plane that was being used that day the instructor stated in blunt terms that once we were in the air there was no turning back; you have to jump. When we were at 2k feet (the limit for first-timers in the state I lived in), the instructor opened the door and asked who wanted to go first? We all kind of looked at each other and I suppose I deferred to my elders and the female excitedly said, "I do!". And out she went. At that moment I noticed that the other guy that was in our group had suddenly turned pale as a ghost and was overcome with fear, after all the excitement he exhibited during training. Lol! But I was only 15, what was I going to say? He told the instructor he couldn't do it and didn't want to. I really felt for the guy at that moment 'cause I could tell he was seriously gripped with fear. Instructor reminded him of what he told us on the walk to the plane across the tarmac and ordered him out on the wing! He went, but, I never saw him again.

Edit: Each states rules may vary as far as the rip-cord goes. Some may allow you to pull it yourself the first time. Others may require a dummy-pull. That is, one end is hooked to you and the other the plane. Once the slack is taken out after ~3 one-thousand count, it will automatically pull.

Last edited by 4WD4EVER; 05-03-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Musicology Intern

Year: My Jeep is a GMC

It's never too late to start another career...

Last edited by Turbo X_J; 05-03-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:14 AM
CF Veteran

"Only bird**** and idiots fall out of the sky!"

"Why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?"

That's a very nice airplane! PT6 turboprop! Listen to that propeller grabbing air! He must have large tanks in it to need that much power. That would be my type of flying though. No ATC to worry about. Just worry about missing the telephone poles!

Last edited by dave1123; 05-04-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:28 PM

Year: 1998/2018
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0/ 3.2

1 Go white water rafting!
2 Go on a coast to coast jeeping adventure by taking only secondary roads and stopping at all the weird off the wall road side attractions!
3 Take my old lady and daughter to Ireland to see where my family came from!
4 Fish for bluefin tuna and/or marlin!
5 Go on and Alaskan cruise!
6 Visit Australia and go diving on the great barrier reef!
7 Take my dad on a week long bear hunting trip in Canada!
8 Watch a New Mexico sunrise from the tooth of time!
9 Hike the Appalachian trail solo!
10 Visit the Freedom Tower and memorial!

That is my top ten right off the top on my head.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:17 PM
CF Veteran

About Ireland, one thing I'm going to tell you right off is if you hire (rent) a car, they won't let you take it into Northern Ireland. Been there. My wife's family came from Newcastle and we couldn't get there. This was in 1985 though.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:34 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

Heavy duty bumper, winch, more lift, SYE, lower gears........ Oh wait you mean vacations and stuff, well it's one thing at a time for me. I have never really had much of a bucket list, although there are several lakes down south I would like to fish, like Kentucky lake, Pickwick, Guntersville, Santee Cooper, and Okeechobee to name a few.

Last edited by 00t444e; 05-12-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:06 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by J_Irish85 View Post
8 Watch a New Mexico sunrise from the tooth of time!
Tooth of time is in danger from being burned....the ute park fire is threatening the area...I have alot of family that lives in the evacuated town and work at the ranch the tooth of time is in. Pretty sad to know a beautiful place is burning.