Rules for Off-Topic

Rules for Off-Topic

Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
::CF Administrator::

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Rules for Off-Topic

Here are two very basic rules for offtopic and these could change at any time.

1. No topics on Religion
2. No topics on Politics
2. No inappropriate images. ( If it's not appropriate for a child to see then don't post it.)

I will explain in more detail once I get home from work as to why these rules are being put in place.

Last edited by okcjeeper; 07-07-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 PM
::CF Administrator::

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

In the beginning I was going to allow the thread on religion stick around. I figured we could see how things would go and what direction the thread to would go. Well unfortunately it took a direction we did not want.

Religion is a fairly hot topic and often can get very heated. No matter the topic or what side of the topic at hand you sit folks can often have very passionate views on the topic. In my personal opinion Religion is a topic that really has no place on this site at any point. I just like everyone else have my beliefs, opinions and thoughts when it comes to the topic of religion I just chose not to discuss anything religion on the internet. This site is not the proper platform for such topics and discussions. There are plenty of sites on the internet dedicated to the topic of religion and those are the places best to talk about such topics.

This thread is the first time the site has to my knowledge had to deal with this issue. I talked to the owners of the site and got their input as to how they felt and they felt it was best to just not bring up the topic of religion on this site. So we will adhere to their wishes and not allow topics on religion to be discussed on this site.

This is also the case with politics. Politics is a topic that is best left to platforms dedicated to such topics. Fortunately we have not had any issues with this topic as of yet.

I hope everyone can respect the decision that has been made and understand why it was made and why we have to take this stance. The goal is to have a community where everyone is respected no matter who we are and what our personal beliefs and opinions are. We want a place that is family friendly and that no one feels uncomfortable and can come and enjoy their hobby and love for Jeeps. First and for most we are a Jeep forum and we will remain that way. Thanks for your understanding and I hope everyone can respect the decision made. Have a nice day.