Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Off-Topic Discussion
Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet. >

Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.

Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:14 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0
Default Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.

Kristopher Peters, a total jeep guy, army vet and just generally a wonderful human lost his house and almost everything they owned last week in a massive house fire. Thankfully he got out with no major injuries along with his doggies and his wife.

Right now they are living in their RV in a state of limbo waiting to hear from the insurance.

Ryan Ward (DrMoab) and I have started a crowdsourcing site to help them through this. Please, if you have a buck or two to spare, I'd be eternally grateful and Kris and Jenny even more so.

https://www.gofundme.com/44spd8o

Thanks!

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp1.jpg   Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp2.jpg   Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp3.jpg   Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp4.jpg   Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp5.jpg  

Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp6.jpg   Rising from the ashes: Help my friends get back on their feet.-kp7.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:26 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee

That really sucks man....when your home is destroyed, that has got to be one of the most terrible things a person can experience. Prayers out.

Last edited by Outlaw Star; 07-18-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:30 PM
HUH? WHAT?

Model: Cherokee(XJ)

I ll allow this
Old 07-18-2017, 04:38 PM
CF Admin

Year: 1987
Engine: 2.9L Stroker

Originally Posted by XJwonders View Post
I ll allow this
As does the rest of the Staff, it was approved before posting. I really do wish a fellow brother in arms well and the best of luck.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:07 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
As does the rest of the Staff, it was approved before posting. I really do wish a fellow brother in arms well and the best of luck.
ok I was just checking. Things like this are a slippery slope. If you let one person then another will say why not mine and another and another so you have to be careful...and majority of the time these gofundme are just for people to profit on, and the people that really need help are ignored.

and again just to reiterate, I hope they land on their feet and was not against it. Just wanted to be sure it was allowed haha.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:09 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I feel sorry for anyone who looses their home in a fire and has to start their life all over again. Thank the Lord there was no loss of life.

I couldn't help but notice how the vinyl siding melted. That shows it's flame retardant, more so than I would have thought. I also noticed someone, probably the FD, pulled the electric meter to kill the power. That must have been hairy to get that close during the blaze.

I have a friend who is a fireman and he was called to a house fire where the homeowner told them to stay back because he had 3 lbs of black power in the basement and didn't want anyone to get hurt. They stuck a 2 1/2 hose in the basement window to flood the basement and it was 1/2 full when the fire was out. It takes a special kind of person to be a firefighter!

Last edited by dave1123; 07-19-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:37 PM
CF Veteran

My wife and I had this exact thing happen to us, even living in our RV for 7 mo. till the house was rebuilt.

I had almost 60# of mostly smokeless powder, with 3 cans of black powder. We were not home at the time a flue fire caused it they said. But the Fire Dept. told me there were many smaller bangs inside ones as 20,000 plus loaded rounds ammo cooked off for almost 3 hrs.

We found out the hard way with insurance and contents underinsured we had past the limit of std policy limits we had a $54,000 loss not covered. Its very hard to figure where you need to be on contents starting with just the clothes on your back. You need to start with underwear, then all clothing you both had, I'm sure you will be amazed with you find as for cost.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ View Post
My wife and I had this exact thing happen to us, even living in our RV for 7 mo. till the house was rebuilt.

I had almost 60# of mostly smokeless powder, with 3 cans of black powder. We were not home at the time a flue fire caused it they said. But the Fire Dept. told me there were many smaller bangs inside ones as 20,000 plus loaded rounds ammo cooked off for almost 3 hrs.

We found out the hard way with insurance and contents underinsured we had past the limit of std policy limits we had a $54,000 loss not covered. Its very hard to figure where you need to be on contents starting with just the clothes on your back. You need to start with underwear, then all clothing you both had, I'm sure you will be amazed with you find as for cost.
Yep, they're set to lose about $60,000 in personal property underinsured.

It prompted me to call my insurance company and go over my policy. I found that I only had $32,000 of personal property insurance. I upped it to $90k and still fairly certain that's not enough but that's the max until I change my policy.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:21 PM
CF Admin

Originally Posted by Lowrange2 View Post
Yep, they're set to lose about $60,000 in personal property underinsured.

It prompted me to call my insurance company and go over my policy. I found that I only had $32,000 of personal property insurance. I upped it to $90k and still fairly certain that's not enough but that's the max until I change my policy.
I sure hope a few have stepped up to help them out.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:34 PM

We've raise about a total of $5,000 from various methods.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:37 PM
CF Admin

Originally Posted by Lowrange2 View Post
We've raise about a total of $5,000 from various methods.
That's better than I thought. Good to hear, I wish them well.