Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Off-Topic Discussion
Are police officers after teenagers or something? >

Are police officers after teenagers or something?

Are police officers after teenagers or something?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Are police officers after teenagers or something?

Well I just got back home, some stuff happened like 10 minutes ago
Me and a friend are cruising around at like 10pm we came to a stop sign then a cop just starts following us.
Pulled us over because my friend didn't have a license plate, he does it was just in the rear window of his truck, so we show the cop that and hes like license and registration please.
My friend found the registration, but couldn't find his license and just before the cop went to write the ticket for no license I popped open the passenger storage thing and there it was lol.
I know what that cop was really looking for though, he wanted to see if we were high, he came to the window and shined his light right in our eyes
He couldn't get us on anything though lol.
It just felt like he was really trying to nail us on anything he could.
Maybe I'm over reacting?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee

every town has a few. a booty hole cop.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2001

I had one follow me last night. He pulled out followed for about 200 yards then killed his headlights and turned around.Its happened to me more than once its kinda wierd.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by jeepdude16 View Post
It just felt like he was really trying to nail us on anything he could.
Not having a rear license plate clearly visible is a pretty good reason to pull someone over.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1995

Ya it is a pretty good reason, but even still he was on the opposite side of the stop sign when he started to follow us, there was no way he could have seen whether or not the license plate was there.
I knew he was just looking for a valid reason to pull us over, he was trying to get a DUI bust, I just know he was. Good thing I have never done any drugs, can't say the same for my friend but he doesn't drive when he does it, and hasn't done it in a long while.
If you were a cop wouldn't you think of a reason to pull over 2 teenagers cruising at night?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

The way I see it, cops are always looking for reasons to pull ANYBODY over. After all, that's what they're paid to do. So far I've only been pulled over once.

I was driving my friend to Texas. Well about 100 miles from our destination, about 1 am, I was pulled over for going 45mph in a 35mph zone. The cop was cool, though. I only got a warning.

It must have looked strange though. It was 1 am, two young guys are driving with a computer, TV, and other random junk in the back of my Jeep. It probably looked like we just robbed somebody, lol.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 6cyl

It may or may not have something to do with teenager stereotyping. Lol it's kinda like how you walk into a store and the workers there try to sneakily follow you around because they think that since you are a teenager you are bound to steal something
Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

for every 10 vehicles that have 2 teenagers in it, probably 8 are up to no good. you were just lucky you were in the good.

can't blame him for doing his job. if it were 2 delinquents messed up on amphetamines, he could've saved someone's life.

so don't feel like you were picked on, he probably knew you were cool once he started talking to you.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1987

he was just doing his job.

kids out late is usually a good reason for cops to follow you anyways because usually teens out really late are doing something. i know i was usually out street racing when i was a kid. 65 mustang would pull the front wheels off the ground a little so i liked to show it off, you know. alot of my friends were out getting stoned or drunk and driving though
Old 06-25-2010, 06:30 AM
::CF Moderator::

Year: 88
Engine: 4.0 HO

Yea when I was a teen and out late I used to get pulled over all the time. it tends to happen when your out late and one of the few vehicles on the road. He was just doing his job.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by goalieman24 View Post
Not having a rear license plate clearly visible is a pretty good reason to pull someone over.
Originally Posted by caged View Post
for every 10 vehicles that have 2 teenagers in it, probably 8 are up to no good. you were just lucky you were in the good.

can't blame him for doing his job. if it were 2 delinquents messed up on amphetamines, he could've saved someone's life.

so don't feel like you were picked on, he probably knew you were cool once he started talking to you.
Hey David. He actually did give you guys a break after all. The improperly displayed plate, and no light on the plate could both have been written up as valid tickets. He wasn't such a bad dude after all now was he?

Last edited by ol"blue; 06-25-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0

My mother is a criminologist and has worked with police officers. They work off of instinct and find any reason to pull someone over that they think may be a problem. Like when I drove home stuck in second going 25mph on a 45 I got pulled over although I wasnt technically doing anything illegal.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997

Originally Posted by Tural View Post
every town has a few. a booty hole cop.
yea cops suck! 2 troopers got me for no reason, searched my car never told me what i got pulled over for found some 'trees' in the center console, took 'em gave me a court appearance
Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Did they ask you for permission to search the car? Or did they have "probable cause"? If they didn't, then you need to bring that up in court.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997

no i was 19 at the time just got off working 3rd shift first and only time got pulled over too one put me in the back of his car and they said we have to search no reason for either the stop or why they had to search.
advice to jeepdude learn from the bulltihs mistake

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are police officers after teenagers or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: