Engine: 4.0 Litre I6
Default Paintball?

Any1 playing paintball?

Just dug out this old relic. LOL.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Great White Jeep

Year: Jeepless
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

When I was in my late teens / early 20s I used to go a lot. Havent been for years but would love to do it again. Had a blast everytime I went. Never owned my own gun. Just borrowed a friends everytime.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:11 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by 5-Speed View Post
When I was in my late teens / early 20s I used to go a lot. Havent been for years but would love to do it again. Had a blast everytime I went. Never owned my own gun. Just borrowed a friends everytime.
And you live in the heart of paintball country. I played around 2002 to 2006. I was on The Sic Innovative Customs factory team. The did custom milling and anodizing on Smart Parts impulses, the same gun pictured above.

At the time the SP impulse was a really popular mid level gun. I also own a Planet Eclipse Etek. That is my main gun. Haven't shot it in almost 8 years and I haven't played since 2006.

Something about the warm weather this year got my PB juices flowing again.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:52 AM
CF Veteran

You played around the same time I did. Competed in PSP and NPPL tournaments from 2002-2004. Haven't played in years but I used to travel all over the country for tournaments.

Heres some OLDDDD pics from 2003, thats when I was still using an Intimidator. We got sponsored by Dye/Proto and switched over to DM4's and started playing Xball. Cant find any of those pics at the moment.

Im actually in this video a few times too. I need to find some of our old tourney footage.

@ 2:17 diving over the snake and 13:31 bunkering the chit out of some poor guy. Lol

Last edited by LACK; 04-17-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:08 PM
CF Veteran

god damn, those were the days weren't they? I am so pumped to start playing again his year! I need to get my tank hyro'ed at the local SCUBA shop.

I got on action village last night and ordered a new shell, screws, sticker, and sticker plate to rebuild my busted HALO B loader. Also, got 200 rounds of valken graffiti paint to make sure the markers are still okay.

Unfortunately, my early high school era dye jersey and pants dont fit my fat *** anymore. probably just order some new pants and get a cheap set of cleats at payless shoes for now. Ill just play in Megadeth t-shirt for the time being.

I wish i could find some old pics of the Sic Innovative Customs team, they basically disappeared from from the face of the planet. Not much evidence left of them on the net. Only evidence of them that i found was this post on PBnation. some guy selling one of their imps. They were a pretty popular little business. They had a really neat Java based website with cool animations and stuff. There milling jobs were bar-none.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1880767

did you hear ICD is making markers again? they just came out with a marker for the pump market. Good to see old standbys getting back in on the action.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:55 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by CurrySoSpicy View Post
god damn, those were the days weren't they? I am so pumped to start playing again his year! I need to get my tank hyro'ed at the local SCUBA shop.

I got on action village last night and ordered a new shell, screws, sticker, and sticker plate to rebuild my busted HALO B loader. Also, got 200 rounds of valken graffiti paint to make sure the markers are still okay.

Unfortunately, my early high school era dye jersey and pants dont fit my fat *** anymore. probably just order some new pants and get a cheap set of cleats at payless shoes for now. Ill just play in Megadeth t-shirt for the time being.

I wish i could find some old pics of the Sic Innovative Customs team, they basically disappeared from from the face of the planet. Not much evidence left of them on the net. Only evidence of them that i found was this post on PBnation. some guy selling one of their imps. They were a pretty popular little business. They had a really neat Java based website with cool animations and stuff. There milling jobs were bar-none.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1880767

did you hear ICD is making markers again? they just came out with a marker for the pump market. Good to see old standbys getting back in on the action.
I had so much fun playing back in the day. Ive been meaning to go play again soon, unfortunately starting a career took precedence over traveling and playing paintball, I stopped in 2005 and havent played since. Haha

I used to practice/play with the old school Dynasty and Ironman guys down at SC Village on a regular basis.

I havent looked at what all the good gear is now. Back when I played people were just switching over from e-bladed autocockers to intimidators, angels, etc. Hell, I dont even know what the good paint brands anymore. We had a sponsorship with Diablo and thats all I shot for years and people were still using marbilizers.

I still have my GZ intimidator and DM4, tons of gear, etc. Might have to dust it off in the near future and go play!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:05 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by LACK View Post
I had so much fun playing back in the day. Ive been meaning to go play again soon, unfortunately starting a career took precedence over traveling and playing paintball, I stopped in 2005 and havent played since. Haha

I used to practice/play with the old school Dynasty and Ironman guys down at SC Village on a regular basis.

I havent looked at what all the good gear is now. Back when I played people were just switching over from e-bladed autocockers to intimidators, angels, etc. Hell, I dont even know what the good paint brands anymore. We had a sponsorship with Diablo and thats all I shot for years and people were still using marbilizers.

I still have my GZ intimidator and DM4, tons of gear, etc. Might have to dust it off in the near future and go play!
Ahh I say those markers can still whoop ***. I think as far as innovation goes, they hit a plateau in the late 2000s. Apparently markers can shoot up to 30 bps right now. But for us average joes (me) I bet my ETEK in my hands is still just as good as the new markers. It kind of like iPhones, the first couple of years, yes the newer model was leaps and bounds above last years model. But at this point I'm not sure it's worth investing in new equipment, just for the sake of new equipment.

Basically, does a lot of paint come out of the barrel fast and accurate? Yes. Great.

I'm not sure an extra 10 BPS is going to swing the game. I like to play woods ball as well and I'm sure my ETEK will perform well in both situations. I think your marker in a seasoned hand (you) will out perform many new players with top of line contemporary markers.

That's pretty cool playing at SC Village. That's one of the staple fields in the US. I live about an hour and ten minutes from Skirmish USA. That's the field the does the huge invasion of Normandy game. That draws a couple throusand players each year.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Great White Jeep

SC Village is just down the street from me! Played there many times as well in the mid 2000s. One of my favorite spots to play since it was huge and had many different courses.

I went to CO a few years ago. While I was out there we stopped at a paintball place, rented some guns and had some fun. Let me just say, paintballing at 10,000ft elevation is no fun!
Old 04-17-2017, 04:35 PM
CF Veteran

SC Village is just down the street from me! Played there many times as well in the mid 2000s. One of my favorite spots to play since it was huge and had many different courses.

I went to CO a few years ago. While I was out there we stopped at a paintball place, rented some guns and had some fun. Let me just say, paintballing at 10,000ft elevation is no fun!
5 minutes from free trails and wordclass paintball.

**** you.

Edit: Although, I guess I am only an hour away from world class PB (Skirmish USA) and a world class off-road park (Rausch Creek). So I will count myself as lucky.

Last edited by CurrySoSpicy; 04-17-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Great White Jeep

Originally Posted by CurrySoSpicy View Post
5 minutes from free trails and wordclass paintball.

**** you.

Technically the closest trail is 1/2 mile away.... All the good trails are 5-7 min away. Did I mention we have some pretty awesome RC car tracks around here too?

That brings up a story actually haha. I used to strap a paintball gun on my RC car and drive around. I used a servo and the 3rd channel to activate the trigger. Haha it was a blast!
Old 04-17-2017, 04:57 PM
CF Veteran

Technically the closest trail is 1/2 mile away.... All the good trails are 5-7 min away. Did I mention we have some pretty awesome RC car tracks around here too?

That brings up a story actually haha. I used to strap a paintball gun on my RC car and drive around. I used a servo and the 3rd channel to activate the trigger. Haha it was a blast!
The good trails are 7 mins away? .....****ttt.

I never got into RCing. I have had the scale Jeep JK RC in my shopping cart online before. I was able to overcome the impulse buy and not get one.

PB on an RC, sounds like Maxium Overdrive.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:50 AM
CF Veteran

Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

I still have my '99 Autococker and it still works perfectly. Need to replace an o-ring in the regulator (converted to HPA). Still have my electric Dye hopper as well. Need to dig that thing out and huck some paintballs next time I am at my parents house
Old 04-18-2017, 01:50 AM

Last edited by EatonXJ; 04-18-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:10 PM
CF Veteran

Autococker fans enjoy:

Old 04-21-2017, 04:54 PM
CF Veteran

So my current Halo B hopper was trashed, somewhere along the lines it got smashed and the battery door broke, which also included the mounting tabs on the hopper itself. I order a new shell, new speed feed lid, and a new sticker and halo sticker backing plate to finsh her off nice.

Broken Hopper

Repair Station (Dinner Table)

New Sticker

Everything back together, I christen thee the Black Mamba

I got all the paperwork together to send my tank out to a cool little PB tank shop that specializes in PB tank hydro testing. My local SCUBA shop was a major let down. They wanted me to remove my reg before testing and reattach my regulator after testing. Which you need special tools to do, they were also going to outsource the work to some high volume testing facility with a 3 week turn around time. The current shop I'm going to use is 1 week and they will remove and reattach the reg.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: