Other hobbies. Have any? - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Off-Topic Discussion
Other hobbies. Have any? >

Other hobbies. Have any?

Other hobbies. Have any?

Old 08-09-2018, 03:11 PM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Other hobbies. Have any?

Since i quit plumbing and i now work 6p to 2a seems my only hobbies are eating ans sleeping. But i used to collect die cast and action figures. But i am slowly selling them off to feed my other hobby, model building, and now my jeep hobby. But hete are a few pics of some.

54 hudson. Wired the engine and ran brake lines.

Gotta love a shoebox. I did some serious drop on this one.

The sexiest car ever made in america. 67 impala. From cruising to dragstrip, to the circle track. The body lines on this year are great looking.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:23 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1986
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

One of my other hobbies is local history. These are pics of several of over 2000 glyphs from the Martis People, between 1000 and 2500 years old. I use the XJ to get me close and then do some hiking to find the rest. Combines my Jeep with other hobbies.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:00 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

I'm mildly into hibby grade rc. I have the acial scx10ll that looks identical to my jeep haha
Old 08-09-2018, 06:07 PM
tarmac tiara

Year: 1997

short answer - no.

the jeep thing is not my hobby, i don’t go “off-road”. my hobby is cars. truth be told, i bought an xj on a whim out of anger because my (at the time) ae86 corolla and 99 ws6 trans am refused to go anywhere in the record snowfall we had that winter. and somehow i fell for them. random.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ View Post

One of my other hobbies is local history. These are pics of several of over 2000 glyphs from the Martis People, between 1000 and 2500 years old. I use the XJ to get me close and then do some hiking to find the rest. Combines my Jeep with other hobbies.
That is cool. I have done my fair share of wheeling and hiking. But mostly our finds are already discovered indian stuff.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by s346k View Post
short answer - no.

the jeep thing is not my hobby, i don’t go “off-road”. my hobby is cars. truth be told, i bought an xj on a whim out of anger because my (at the time) ae86 corolla and 99 ws6 trans am refused to go anywhere in the record snowfall we had that winter. and somehow i fell for them. random.
nice rides. Ae 86 not many around here. A nice collector piece though. There are a few of the TAs around here, but not in winter. They can be squirrely on just a rainy day.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 Liter Inline-6

I like to dip and chew as a hobby but I also like to listen to country music. I collect the cans afterwards and make a dip tower out of them - haha..
Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tntxj View Post
That is cool. I have done my fair share of wheeling and hiking. But mostly our finds are already discovered indian stuff.
These are discovered, in fact I did some work to determine if those particular glyphs were on government land. If not, the antiquities act would have been invoked. However, these have not been publicized. You have to read some journals to find out about these. The last one was discovered two years ago near the Hell Hole Jeep Trail. The southern most one is within sight of the Rubicon trail, but no one knows it is there.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Great White Jeep

Year: Jeepless

Racing is my other money pit, I mean hobby.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 97
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

What do you think about this. It is called Indian head rock. Supposively done many years ago by an Indian. It is near Williamson WV. We were out trail ridin and everybody said we needed to go see it and we finally found someone to take us to it. Just a carving on a flat rock.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by 5-Speed View Post
Racing is my other money pit, I mean hobby.

​​​​​​iis that a dung beetle? Love old bugs. Had a egg shaped vw in germany. A buddy of mine had a hatchback. That hatchback was like a plow iin the snow. Craziest thing I ever seen.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by samiam View Post

What do you think about this. It is called Indian head rock. Supposively done many years ago by an Indian. It is near Williamson WV. We were out trail ridin and everybody said we needed to go see it and we finally found someone to take us to it. Just a carving on a flat rock.

that is way too cool. Hope no one destroys it.We have red river gorge which has some decent indian stuff.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:26 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 97

Us too...
Old 08-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Mostly vehicles. I had had many and I am not loyal to one make more than another. So I can't say I am a Jeep guy but I also can't say that my XJ isn't part of my hobby. Fix cars, work on cars, turn wrenches, tinker in the garage, however you wanna say it. Some repairs, aftermarket parts, make my own parts, make my own tools, ect. And due to being so involved with vehicles that has lead to an extensive tool collecting hobby. And has also led me to dabble in welding and plasma cutting. I love to make things out of metal. The tools and the welding part also turned out to be useful when I got into guns.

I have always been into guns but in the last year or so I have really gotten into them. Buying them, modding them, shooting them, painting them. No high dollar builds but I like how every gun can be an adventure. What can I buy for it, make for it, change about it ect. Some of which can be seen in the Got Guns thread

I like to BMX when I have the chance. Don't get much time to do it with my friends and it is no fun for me alone. I am not good at tricks but I can hop up onto a curb to save myself from a wipe out lol. Not a fancy bike I bought an old Haro and transformed it into a really decent bike with the help of a good friend who knows alot about BMX he helped me decide on parts and what direction to go. I literally rebuilt the entire bike with a bunch of new parts aswell as some used parts and refurbed parts. I even painted it to match my Jeep. can be seen in the Pedaling thread

Of course I love to watch movies and netflix and youtube. Love music. Bluegrass, real country, rock, and heavy/death metal are my favorites. I don't play any instruments but I do so love to listen and watch people play.

I collect coins older than 1960. And I collect a variety of paper money. Odd, weird, repeating, sequential/consecutive, ect serial numbers. Old bills. $2 bills. i have a huge collection of star bills and some very old bills. I don't buy any of them from collectors or dealers they are only what I come across in hand dealing with money that is part of the fun for me. I ALWAYS look at the numbers and dates on every bill I ever get in my hand

I enjoy roller skating very much. I used to go up to 7 times a week but I am older now have a life and other hobbies and work so I go a few times a month maybe once a week maybe not for months at a time. I grew up in a family of skaters and have been into it since I could walk really. Im into old school shuffle skating aswell as newer "freestyle" or "jamskating"

Thats about it
Old 08-11-2018, 07:50 PM
CF Veteran

My son and I do old money too, although we are not purists about it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Other hobbies. Have any?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: