The non-wacky tobaccy thread.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Someone stole my badge!

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default The non-wacky tobaccy thread.

Alright you guys have CurrySoSpicey to thank for this. He kinda gave me the idea in the random picture thread. I don't wanna keep going off topic in that thread with talk of cigars, pipes, and the like, so I figured I'd create a thread where we could post up local places, online retailers, tobacco blends, and maybe pics of your TOBACCO smoking apparatus/apparati.

Seriously folks, let's keep this to actually tobacco products only... start posting stuff in here about cannabis and I almost GUARANTEE it will end up getting shut down (check the rules if you don't believe me).

***NOTE: This is NOT the place for vape stuff. Just good old fashioned tobacco***

And with that said.... here's a couple places in my locale that I'd like to visit soon.

http://www.suite306.com

and

http://www.rozcigars.com/

And here's a couple of pics of my pipes hand-crafted by my cousin Drew

You can check out his IG here.... https://www.instagram.com/drewdunnpipes/

Anyone have any good blends they'd recommend?
Old 08-05-2017, 08:26 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Pipe club!

i was chewing some Levi Garret this week. Never really had chew before. My friend at work let me try some of his pouch. Damn that stuff is the bomb!
Old 08-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Someone stole my badge!

Originally Posted by CurrySoSpicy View Post
Pipe club!

i was chewing some Levi Garret this week. Never really had chew before. My friend at work let me try some of his pouch. Damn that stuff is the bomb!
Hmmph! Yeah, I've never chewed before. I dip every now and then, but haven't done chew. My father in law used to chew Redman

My favorite for dip has always been Skoal Wintergreen Long Cut.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:35 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Basslicks View Post
Hmmph! Yeah, I've never chewed before. I dip every now and then, but haven't done chew. My father in law used to chew Redman

My favorite for dip has always been Skoal Wintergreen Long Cut.
try it once, maple-ly (molasses) salty goodness.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Someone stole my badge!

Mmmmmm.... that DOES sound good!
Old 08-06-2017, 01:06 AM
Great White Jeep

Year: Jeepless
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

I have tried chew once. Wierd stuff. Makes your gums go numb haha. Nasty if you swallow it. Once and done. No more for me. Just like cigs. Not for me. Cigars, pipe tobacco and every now and then a hookah, and im good. Ill post up my random stuff when I get back home.

Freakin awesome pipe fish licker! Very jealous.

Last edited by 5-Speed; 08-06-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:46 AM
Someone stole my badge!

Originally Posted by 5-Speed View Post
I have tried chew once. Wierd stuff. Makes your gums go numb haha. Nasty if you swallow it. Once and done. No more for me. Just like cigs. Not for me. Cigars, pipe tobacco and every now and then a hookah, and im good. Ill post up my random stuff when I get back home.

Haha! Yeah I've got the family benefit. Got the Jeep pipe for Christmas and the churchwarden for my 35th. He sells these handcrafted beauties for a pretty penny. They're all one-offs too. Each pipe he makes is a one of a kind work of art.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:25 AM
CF Veteran

I looked into the Dokha stuff. Looks interesting, looks like you get quite a buzz from all the nicotine.
Haha! Yeah I've got the family benefit. Got the Jeep pipe for Christmas and the churchwarden for my 35th. He sells these handcrafted beauties for a pretty penny. They're all one-offs too. Each pipe he makes is a one of a kind work of art.
They say that you are just the steward of your pipe. It will most likely out live you and will be passed on to someone else to enjoy.

i would love to pick up a real old estate pipe someday.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:13 AM
CF Veteran

My Flogglewerks Hobbit Churchwarden should be here this week. Excited.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Great White Jeep

Dohka - yes its different then your normal pipe tobacco. It uses a different style pipe too. The stuff straight from Dubai is definately the best but hard to get if you dont know anyone from over there. So your other option is medwahk.com. They offer it in different flavors. My favorite, mint. This stuff is no joke. If you ever try some, be sure to be sitting down. It give you a real mean buzz for a minute or two. Pipe wise, they are all about the same but you can get them in different materials. I have had black ivory ones in the past but they break. Now I have an aluminum one that has been good for the past year or two. The thing I dont like about it, people think you are smoking the wacky stuff and always give you a weird look.

Last edited by 5-Speed; 08-06-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:06 PM
CF Veteran

Dohka - yes its different then your normal pipe tobacco. It uses a different style pipe too. The stuff straight from Dubai is definately the best but hard to get if you dont know anyone from over there. So your other option is medwahk.com. They offer it in different flavors. My favorite, mint. This stuff is no joke. If you ever try some, be sure to be sitting down. It give you a real mean buzz for a minute or two. Pipe wise, they are all about the same but you can get them in different materials. I have had black ivory ones in the past but they break. Now I have an aluminum one that has been good for the past year or two. The thing I dont like about it, people think you are smoking the wacky stuff and always give you a weird look.

I'll probably pick one up sometime. Looks interesting. That pipe looks like a socket wrench. Lol
Old 08-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Someone stole my badge!

I looked into the Dokha stuff. Looks interesting, looks like you get quite a buzz from all the nicotine.

They say that you are just the steward of your pipe. It will most likely out live you and will be passed on to someone else to enjoy.

i would love to pick up a real old estate pipe someday.

https://youtu.be/GIcr_FLUVV4
That guy's cool as ****! And he NAILED it. There was an article in The Art of Manliness about pipe smoking that was the big eye-opener for me about it.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/1...moking-primer/

and

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/0...corn-cob-pipe/

and both articles elude to the fact that you can be in no hurry to smoke a pipe. Much the opposite, you smoke a pipe to slow down.

I'm all about that.

My Flogglewerks Hobbit Churchwarden should be here this week. Excited.
Cool lookin' warden! You'll love that cooler, smoother drawl. I love my Jeep pipe for the creativity, but my warden is my go-to...

Man! That is a SMALL bowl! I'd be interested to try it though. Pretty cool.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:05 AM
Great White Jeep

That guy's cool as ****! And he NAILED it. There was an article in The Art of Manliness about pipe smoking that was the big eye-opener for me about it.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/1...moking-primer/

and

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/0...corn-cob-pipe/

and both articles elude to the fact that you can be in no hurry to smoke a pipe. Much the opposite, you smoke a pipe to slow down.

I'm all about that.

Cool lookin' warden! You'll love that cooler, smoother drawl. I love my Jeep pipe for the creativity, but my warden is my go-to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZTo3WNXSpM&t=1s

Man! That is a SMALL bowl! I'd be interested to try it though. Pretty cool.
Ya the bowl is tiny. You get 2 good puffs out of it. But thats the thing, you do 2 bowls, 4 puffs and you are good. Its not so much a puff and relax type of deal like normal pipe tobacco. Just different. Definately recommend to at least try it once.

I was watching the video and was like, oh thats cool that guy is driving a xj and hitting the pipe. Maybe thats why he posted it. Then oh cool his steering wheels wobbles like mine. Then ohhhhhh I get it now. Good relaxing video btw.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 AM
Someone stole my badge!

"I was watching the video and was like, oh thats cool that guy is driving a xj and hitting the pipe. Maybe thats why he posted it. Then oh cool his steering wheels wobbles like mine. Then ohhhhhh I get it now."

" Good relaxing video btw."

Thanks man
Old 08-08-2017, 08:03 PM
CF Veteran

Breaking in the hobbit pipe with none other than Frogmorton's Cellar!

Also, the churchwarden is my new favorite, best pipe yet. Feels like I'm sitting in Hobbiton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: