no reply on sales messages and text >

no reply on sales messages and text

no reply on sales messages and text

Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 AM

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 stock
Default no reply on sales messages and text

I am looking for a cherokee or even looked at grand cherokees, I have text this one person thats about an hour away or so and they stopped responding. So on the search I went I had one message me back but I am worried about the hack job they did on the jeep.

Between facebook and craigslist I have messaged about 5 people and only 1 responded quickly and the other stopped texting back. If they are selling then why the heck are people not responding and Im giving it more then a day. One person I seen they seen the message but they never sent anything back and its simple questions like "is it available?" "Is it an auto or manual" do you have more pics? and I get nothing back.

rant over
Old 11-19-2017, 10:41 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Bama91XJ View Post
I am looking for a cherokee or even looked at grand cherokees, I have text this one person thats about an hour away or so and they stopped responding. So on the search I went I had one message me back but I am worried about the hack job they did on the jeep.

Between facebook and craigslist I have messaged about 5 people and only 1 responded quickly and the other stopped texting back. If they are selling then why the heck are people not responding and Im giving it more then a day. One person I seen they seen the message but they never sent anything back and its simple questions like "is it available?" "Is it an auto or manual" do you have more pics? and I get nothing back.

rant over
for one, alot of people hate selling things through text. Why not jyst call and get all your questions answered in 3 minutes, whereas text you have to resoond one by one and wait for a reply each time. I sell things frequently and I don't like finding to text or email. A large majority are spam anyways.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:48 AM

I am texting the guy from craigslist for more pics he only has 1 up.

The only way to contact most on Facebook is the messager app thing so I am limited but platform.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:52 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 97

The only way to contact most on Facebook is the messager app thing so I am limited but platform.
Lots of folks in Church today, which in some circles is the local Pub.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:17 AM

Ya I know church and all today but we are talking since friday. I dont know I guess tomorrow when I get the money in the bank, Ill start really looking at whats available.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:21 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

Facebook is a different story. But if a number is listed, like on Craigslist, the best thing to do is to call. Talk about the vehicle, ask your questions, and then ask for more pics. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-19-2017, 11:32 AM
CF Veteran

Ya I know church and all today but we are talking since friday. I dont know I guess tomorrow when I get the money in the bank, Ill start really looking at whats available.
I was just joking But his box might be full or he already sold it and is ignoring any new inquiries. I have been there myself because I ran ads. Sold a 66 Malibu one time... Sold in an hour after the ad came out but had to answer calls for two weeks after. lol
Old 11-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Banned

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

A lot of the ads on Craigslist are fake. They don't respond because there's no car to sell. They're just collecting phone numbers for telemarketing lists.

As for the others, people generally suck at selling. A lot of people don't bother returning phone calls and end up selling to the first guy who gets them on the phone. Just don't get your hopes up when you see a listing you like. Eventually something will click, and the others were probably fake anyway.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:07 PM
CF Veteran

Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

When I listed my wife's Dodge Caravan on Craigslist, I sold it in 36 hours, got 5 calls on it, sold it to the 5th caller. He asked me why it was so low a price and I told him flat out it was a Mitsubishi V6 that I had just replaced the water pump on and never wanted to do THAT again. He came, looked at it, bought it on the spot. I took the ad down that day, but still got 10 calls after that.

When I listed my 97 ZJ as a parts car with a bad frame, the first guy who called bought it that day, brought his own plates and drove it away. I had already removed the registration sticker and I didn't ask questions about his plates! I only got 2 more calls on it after I took the ad down.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:20 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by dave1123 View Post
When I listed my wife's Dodge Caravan on Craigslist, I sold it in 36 hours, got 5 calls on it, sold it to the 5th caller. He asked me why it was so low a price and I told him flat out it was a Mitsubishi V6 that I had just replaced the water pump on and never wanted to do THAT again. He came, looked at it, bought it on the spot. I took the ad down that day, but still got 10 calls after that.

When I listed my 97 ZJ as a parts car with a bad frame, the first guy who called bought it that day, brought his own plates and drove it away. I had already removed the registration sticker and I didn't ask questions about his plates! I only got 2 more calls on it after I took the ad down.

Yes you are lucky. When I sold the 49 Nash in Hemmings I had a kid call me and ask if anyone had ever smoked a cigarette in it, he didn't want it if so. All I could say was it is a 60 year old desert car and there IS NO INTERIOR. Are you kidding??? How do I know? lol

This is when you know for sure the PC mentally has gone beyond all common sense.

But I got calls for almost 6 months on the Nash after it sold.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:02 PM
CF Veteran

Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Between facebook and craigslist
Have you tried Autotrader?
phone>text
Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Ya didnt see anything on auto trader that was in budget and what I was looking for but if I wanted a 2017 or 2018 I could find one.

I am still searching I just wish if the car was sold they remove the ad or let me know.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:52 AM
Banned

Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Originally Posted by dave1123 View Post

What you described isn't luck. You answered the phone when they called.

The people we're talking about are the ones who list something and then sorta blow off the "selling" part of it where they actually have to talk to people. They don't answer their phone. They don't respond to emails. They ignore texts. They have interested buyers, but they won't talk to them. Then finally they pick up the phone a week later and sell it to that guy, when there were a dozen other people who already called and weren't given the chance. Or they just never respond to their messages and still have it listed a month later.

Whenever I respond to a CL ad, I don't get my hopes up. I just assume that every seller on CL is a complete flake or scammer. If they don't respond, or they respond with crazy, **** 'em.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:38 AM
CF Veteran

Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Being retired and at home most of the day, I listed my phone. Otherwise I'd just have e-mail contacts. Those I'd call if they listed their number even after it sold. You're right about the PC flakeheads, they can be a pain.

The guy that bought my Caravan wanted it for his daughter to drive to college. I told him everything I'd done to it and everything that was wrong with it. He started it up, tested the trans for engagement, and bought it without haggling. Nice guy! Funny, he checked the radio but not the heater or A/C.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:31 PM
TIME TO GET SCHWIFTY

Engine: 4.6 stroker

Here's the bottom line IMO

PEOPLE SUCK

Case in point, not a car sale, but relevant

My sis had an old tube style TV and entertainment center...listed them both together for $30 on a local trade site, finally got a bite, but they said they only had $13.

At this point, she wanted it gone. Told them, if you want it, come get it, free.

She was told they'd be here to pick it up at 1030am. Never showed. Then they text and said how about noon, she agrees, no show again. This went on a couple more times. They finally showed up at damn near 9 o'clock PM, IN A SUBCOMPACT CAR.

Complete tweakers. Sketchy behavior, and really not happy they showed up at the house...I would have told them to eff off after the first miss. Rather send that crap to the dump, than invite some super sketchy peeps to come see the rest of the house.

She's as stupid as them IMHO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: