New Long post thread! About anything !!! (keep c.f rules and guidelines in mind) - Page 1510 - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Jeep Cherokee Forum


New Long post thread! About anything !!! (keep c.f rules and guidelines in mind)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #22636
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 10,194

View Basslicks's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
Tell you what... The officer who arrested him was far too easy on him. To the point of endangering himself and us all in the immediate area. The guy was trying to physically resist and run the whole time. He kept spinning around the officer to get behind him. I counted at least three times the guy could have easily grabbed the officer's weapon, which by the way, was unlatched and ready to pull. He put up with this from the guy back and forth across the parking lot for a full 5 minutes or more.

I kept thinking to myself "where was this nice officer the last couple times I was arrested?" If I had resisted to this extreme I would have had my face planted in the asphalt, a knee in my back and a dislocated shoulder. lol
See.... that was a learning experience for law enforcement everywhere. The lesson was to only waste so much time on someone resisting to avoid a safety risk to officers and surrounding public... flash-forward 30-ish years and officers are employing those tactics, yet are now encountering resistance of the tactics and gaining support from social media as well as special interest groups....

Whole thing is, NONE of that should have happened. Rodney King all the way up to the most recent incidents involving law enforcement and criminals. Without getting political, let's just talk common sense. This isn't 1950 when they used to hose african americans down with a high pressure fire hose in the middle of the street. This isn't even 1975, when racial profiling was being unjustly used for PC. I'm also not saying officers are perfect saints either.... but what I'm saying is, if you don't resist.... whether the officer is right or wrong, you'll live to fight the arrest in court. Hell, you probably won't even be injured in the process. Were there incidents where officers went overboard on someone resisting? Absolutely.

Here's the bottom line though:
-If you're driving in your car, and see someone coming at you head-on and you know you have the right of way in that lane and he doesn't.... does it make sense to keep traveling in that direction just because you know you're not doing anything wrong? Or would it make more sense to go out of your way to AVOID the accident, knowing that you were in the right and he was in the wrong, and keep your life, your car, and get to where you're going?

If it were me, I'd just do what the LEOs say and exercise my right to remain silent.
Basslicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:55 PM   #22637
Musicology Intern
 
Turbo X_J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ☼ Blackhole Sun
Posts: 7,608

View Turbo X_J's Photo Album My Photos
Year: My Jeep is a GMC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basslicks View Post
Here's one for Turbo..
Turbo X_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #22638
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 10,194

View Basslicks's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo X_J View Post
Figured ya might like that
Basslicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #22639
Musicology Intern
 
Turbo X_J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ☼ Blackhole Sun
Posts: 7,608

View Turbo X_J's Photo Album My Photos
Year: My Jeep is a GMC
Default

This dudes got it made:
Turbo X_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #22640
CF Admin
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 32,081

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.9L Stroker
Default

Good morning guys.
Outlaw Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #22641
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,738

View Bugout4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
Good morning guys.
Good morning Sir.

I will try and tread lightly in my further discussion with Bass for you here.

Bugout4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #22642
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,738

View Bugout4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basslicks View Post
See.... that was a learning experience for law enforcement everywhere. The lesson was to only waste so much time on someone resisting to avoid a safety risk to officers and surrounding public... flash-forward 30-ish years and officers are employing those tactics, yet are now encountering resistance of the tactics and gaining support from social media as well as special interest groups....

Whole thing is, NONE of that should have happened. Rodney King all the way up to the most recent incidents involving law enforcement and criminals. Without getting political, let's just talk common sense. This isn't 1950 when they used to hose african americans down with a high pressure fire hose in the middle of the street. This isn't even 1975, when racial profiling was being unjustly used for PC. I'm also not saying officers are perfect saints either.... but what I'm saying is, if you don't resist.... whether the officer is right or wrong, you'll live to fight the arrest in court. Hell, you probably won't even be injured in the process. Were there incidents where officers went overboard on someone resisting? Absolutely.

Here's the bottom line though:
-If you're driving in your car, and see someone coming at you head-on and you know you have the right of way in that lane and he doesn't.... does it make sense to keep traveling in that direction just because you know you're not doing anything wrong? Or would it make more sense to go out of your way to AVOID the accident, knowing that you were in the right and he was in the wrong, and keep your life, your car, and get to where you're going?

If it were me, I'd just do what the LEOs say and exercise my right to remain silent.
This was very well stated here my friend... And I would like to think what we are discussing here is more along the lines of philosophy than politics. I didn't dive into more about the guy's national origin, status, and the pickup load of stuff he turned out to be carrying for a reason. It might have then become quite political at that point.

But you shared some important points here, You shared the truth very well and I love the car analogy. I grew up in the 70's as a hippy rock musician with long hair in a small hick town. I was arrested 7 times but never convicted just because of my hair. But I always followed orders and tried to set them at ease with humor and wit to build somewhat of a friendship.

I figured the sooner they realized I was not a physical threat the better off I was. And this starts from the moment you are detained. Any kind of animosity or failure to comply is just going to get you in trouble. But In turn I also see a huge difference now compared to back then. Back then I did not feel like I needed to cuff myself and hang my hands out the window to prevent him from practicing an impulse draw and possible discharge of his firearm like now.
Bugout4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #22643
CF Admin
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 32,081

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.9L Stroker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
Good morning Sir.

I will try and tread lightly in my further discussion with Bass for you here.

As long as it stays civil, I'm good.
Outlaw Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #22644
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,738

View Bugout4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
As long as it stays civil, I'm good.
Bass and I have been friends since I joined and we get along great! I don't know how old he is, but he is a very wise critical thinker I respect highly so we are good. I just didn't want to tread too far into politics on here if I could help it. It's a hard habit to break because we are so bombarded with it all day long but I'm working on it. lol
Bugout4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #22645
CF Admin
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 32,081

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.9L Stroker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
Bass and I have been friends since I joined and we get along great! I don't know how old he is, but he is a very wise critical thinker I respect highly so we are good. I just didn't want to tread too far into politics on here if I could help it. It's a hard habit to break because we are so bombarded with it all day long but I'm working on it. lol
We've kinda eased up on some things so that's why I said as long as things are civil. Majority of folks lack the ability for a good civil debate and always resort to bashing, name calling or profanity.
Outlaw Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #22646
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,738

View Bugout4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
We've kinda eased up on some things so that's why I said as long as things are civil. Majority of folks lack the ability for a good civil debate and always resort to bashing, name calling or profanity.
I noticed that things are more relaxed in topic. And in reality at some point there is only so much you can say about an XJ over and over and over before interest and participation declines. I have to give quite a few of you guys especially Cruiser a lot of credit for continuing to hammer away at that wall.

But as far as civility goes... There are much more intelligent ways to handle things without lowering one's self to bashing and name calling. That's when it turns unintelligent, immature, and foolish. So I greatly understand and appreciate that sentiment.
Bugout4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #22647
Moderator of Jeeps
 
NewKindOfClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Frederick, MD from Cleveland, OH
Posts: 20,553

View NewKindOfClown's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1993 YJ Wrangler
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4 View Post
But as far as civility goes... There are much more intelligent ways to handle things without lowering one's self to bashing and name calling. That's when it turns unintelligent, immature, and foolish. So I greatly understand and appreciate that sentiment.
You're a stupidhead!
NewKindOfClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #22648
CF Veteran
 
Bugout4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,738

View Bugout4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKindOfClown View Post
You're a stupidhead!
Lol... Well except for the ribbing and hardassing of course.

I see the comradery in here and think it is great that you guys all have a friendship like that.
Bugout4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #22649
CF Veteran
 
dave1123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Manlius, east of Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,180

View dave1123's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.0L
Default

It took me awhile to realize they were screwing with me! LOL! Then I realized it's just in their nature to mess with people they like! I think!

BTW, has anybody heard from Bustedback lately? He was sort of my mentor when I first got here.
dave1123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #22650
CF Admin
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 32,081

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.9L Stroker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1123 View Post
It took me awhile to realize they were screwing with me! LOL! Then I realized it's just in their nature to mess with people they like! I think!

BTW, has anybody heard from Bustedback lately? He was sort of my mentor when I first got here.
Yeah, we usually rib the ones we want to hang around. Lol.

As for bustedback, he has not posted since Feb 7th.
Outlaw Star is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1996 4.0 into a 2000/01 XJ - Build Thread t.mcginley.jr Jeep Builds 89 05-15-2017 10:06 PM
LED Truck-lite Issue Expedition_XJ Cherokee Chat 23 04-12-2016 08:51 AM
New to Cherokee Forums Need help MidwestNick OEM XJ Cherokee Technical. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here 10 02-28-2016 03:05 AM
Fuel System Problems after overheating? Please help! Ye Ol' Cherokee OEM XJ Cherokee Technical. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here 8 10-09-2015 11:29 PM
Advice Needed Jerky on Gasoline. australian_expat OEM XJ Cherokee Technical. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here 4 09-02-2015 10:02 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: