My husband just doesn't get it..... >

My husband just doesn't get it.....

My husband just doesn't get it.....

Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Angry My husband just doesn't get it.....

So I've made a list of various things I'm wanting to do to Rufus. Being MY Jeep, *I* want to do as much work myself as possible. I'm all for him playing gopher (Go for a beer lol ) But there some things that are just getting to me.

He wants to be a part of me working on my toy, but instead of say "So whats the plan today" He takes it upon himself to BUNGEE strap my spare on the roof. Cheap, going out of business dollar store bungee straps. On the ROOF. Not the racks, the ROOF. I wasn't outside while he was doing this otherwise I would have stopped him. (Doing my own beer run lol ) I almost dropped it when I saw what he'd done. I just cant see those straps holding up to 80mph. I said something about it and he gets butt hurt and complains because "the stupid jeep is taking my time away from him". Stupid? STUPID?! Why I oughta!!! Rufus has more brains than his little toe. ..... Ahem. Anyhow..... I explain every thing I'm planning on doing and he just doesn't get it. Taking the carpets out? "But why? Just shampoo them again" Building a small 12x24 storage box? "Why? You dont have any tools" AHEM..... Well, ok he's right. I don't have any tools....ANYMORE. He's managed to lose, break or "borrow out" all my ****.

My apologies for my frustration here. I can ***** about this for a while longer. Anyone else have this problem? Even slightly? lol
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: I6

man i wish my wife would get into jeeps like you ... i have 2 xjs and she doesnt want to touch them she says that its not a "real" jeep...bullshiot that thing can go anywheres a barbie jeep can go ... but i say put your foot down and tell him its your jeep and back the F up...lol...good luck with it
Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 PM
CF Veteran

Model: Grand Cherokee

I wanna say city boy... but where Im from, that can be quite the insult...lol
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 PM

def not from a city man ... i live in a trailor thats almost as old as me and i have one chopped xj and on 2dr with differnet paint on it also have my brothers rhino lined xj with half doors in my yard .. so i am far from a city boy man .. ooo and also i have the ducks unlimited duck head tatted on my arm....lol....so i dont think im a city boy
Old 04-01-2010, 10:48 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by itsajeepthang View Post
def not from a city man ... i live in a trailor thats almost as old as me and i have one chopped xj and on 2dr with differnet paint on it also have my brothers rhino lined xj with half doors in my yard .. so i am far from a city boy man .. ooo and also i have the ducks unlimited duck head tatted on my arm....lol....so i dont think im a city boy
you posted nearly the same time as me... my comment wasnt directed towards you... my bad....lol

*I need to use the quote button more often.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 PM

lol... ok man that cool ....
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 PM

I grew up with Jeeps. My dad has always built and rebuilt them (Love his 53 ****** M38 A1) So its in my blood. I'd much prefer it over a Cherokee, but having a kid the rock crawling isn't too practical.

Its not just him messing with Rufus its just...Its MY JEEP!!! MINE!!!!! Why does everything have to be questioned? Suffice it to say I haven't the happiest marriage but, I think he may be jealous of my jeep and its pretty silly. And now god forbid he sees me on here lmao
Old 04-01-2010, 10:57 PM

lol....
Old 04-01-2010, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 9teen98
Engine: 4.0 I6

i think u're hubby is taking that "what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine" saying a little too much. i say you sit him down, talk to him and if he still refuses to listen, put him on time out. show him who wears the pants in the family!!!! go girl power!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:39 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

teach him, take him under your wing. be his master.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 lt. 242 cu.in.

Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
I grew up with Jeeps. My dad has always built and rebuilt them (Love his 53 ****** M38 A1) So its in my blood. I'd much prefer it over a Cherokee, but having a kid the rock crawling isn't too practical.

Its not just him messing with Rufus its just...Its MY JEEP!!! MINE!!!!! Why does everything have to be questioned? Suffice it to say I haven't the happiest marriage but, I think he may be jealous of my jeep and its pretty silly. And now god forbid he sees me on here lmao
Tell him to grow up, because obviously you love him more than the jeep. My ex thought I loved her more than the jeep; every time she said something like that I would VERY LIGHTLY**** slap her and then kiss her and say,"No babe, you got it all wrong."
Originally Posted by caged View Post
teach him, take him under your wing. be his master.
Yes, and may the force be with you.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 6cyl

If he says the straps will hold your tire up there, then tell him to drive behind you on the freeway are 80 and find out.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by DJKnightmare View Post
If he says the straps will hold your tire up there, then tell him to drive behind you on the freeway are 80 and find out.
haha stole the words right outta my mouth! but i know how you feel THEGREATESCAPE, my girlfriend bought me a 89 xj 2-door a while back because she knows i regret selling my cj5 (had to, i fell behind on bills and rent...) but ever since i got the jeep from her, i've been messing around with it non stop and she even pulls the "you love the jeep more than me" trick on me.... oh lordy lord... but yes, i do believe your hubby is jealous you have a "project" and something to do on your spare time while he doesnt
Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by DJKnightmare View Post
ROFL Nice!!!

Kinda sad.... I love my Jeep more than him though. Rufus doesn't talk back or go girly on me. My husband is a man child. lol I'm not sure he grew out of the "No look at me!!" stage. I play nice but my god it gets difficult!! Getting close to loading up and driving. Just seeing where we end up. Seems like words and cuddling are not enough for him, he wants constant touching and groping and to hear 'I love you' every 10 minutes. Marriage 1 should have been enough for me, guess I was a glutton for punishment lol
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Cool

Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
ROFL Nice!!!

Kinda sad.... I love my Jeep more than him though. Rufus doesn't talk back or go girly on me. My husband is a man child. lol I'm not sure he grew out of the "No look at me!!" stage. I play nice but my god it gets difficult!! Getting close to loading up and driving. Just seeing where we end up. Seems like words and cuddling are not enough for him, he wants constant touching and groping and to hear 'I love you' every 10 minutes. Marriage 1 should have been enough for me, guess I was a glutton for punishment lol
Never mess with a mans' Jeep....oops Womans' Jeep.. Either way, it sounds like you all had issues long before the Jeep came into the picture. Takes two to tango. Bring Him into your world and let him find out what he's missing. My wife loves to come out to the gargae and see what I'm up to, but never questions my Love for Her. Give it a try, he may surprise you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My husband just doesn't get it.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: