Lexus question

Old 05-28-2017, 09:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default Lexus question

I know i am in the wrong place to even question about a lexus es330 lol. but short sweet and to the point it is my moms car and threw a cel p0171 and another code i cant remember but it wont give a pinpoint problem just a vague answer. as it said its either an oxygen sensor, vacuum leak, bank 1 sensor and along those stupid lines. but she said after a long trip of like 20 mins being an lpn she cant have it break down it sputters and almost stalls when driving but comes back and keeps repeating that process but once it starts up after sitting a bit it idles nice and smooth and drives good till it starts acting up again im leaning towards a sensor, she had a broken flex pipe for the longest time did it finally maybe burn an oxygen sensor? basically she is the one who does everything the cheap way and never maintains her car.