How I know the site is dying

Old 04-21-2019, 02:53 PM
TIME TO GET SCHWIFTY

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6 stroker
Default How I know the site is dying

Halfway through Easter, and not a single post wishing everyone a happy zombie jesus day

Old 04-24-2019, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

This is how I know:

That Active number was 10x that when I joined ~5 years ago
Old 06-04-2019, 07:44 AM
CF Admin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 2.9L Stroker

Originally Posted by wizardpc View Post
This is how I know:

That Active number was 10x that when I joined ~5 years ago
Kids would rather go to fb and be spoonfed an immediate answer, rather than read and learn anything.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996

Regardless, I hope this place is the amazing archive it's been over the years no matter how active it is. Facebook is no good for that. Let's face it, every year there are thousands fewer XJs on the road.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:21 AM

I’m pretty sure it’s inevitable . Seems to be they’re all following the same trend . And I assume once there’s not enough traffic to be profitable it will go away entirely .
Old 06-04-2019, 11:52 AM
CF Admin

Well, the Staff does try to "Branch Out" to appeal to all Social Media followers. We have here (Full Tech), fb (general chat & bs) and IG (showing off your pics) pages, to try and appeal to everyone we can. All three managed by the same staff, in their free time. (We do have lives & families as do you. Lol).

But on a serious note, we do take suggestions and concerns for making any of our platforms better for you to use (withing our powers, as we don't own the sites.).
Old 06-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Outlaw that wasn’t directed towards any fault of the site . Any and all forums are dying a slow death they’re just outdated now I suppose .
Old 06-04-2019, 05:10 PM
CF Admin

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey17 View Post
Outlaw that wasn’t directed towards any fault of the site . Any and all forums are dying a slow death they’re just outdated now I suppose .
I know, no foul taken. Its a sad reality.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:16 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1986
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

You are all right. Immediate gratification on faceplant and others has taken the users away from most forums. That and all of us old timers used computers to access this stuff. Now everyone does it on their phone, which to me is limited when it comes to forum use.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ View Post
You are all right. Immediate gratification on faceplant and others has taken the users away from most forums. That and all of us old timers used computers to access this stuff. Now everyone does it on their phone, which to me is limited when it comes to forum use.
To me the whole thing is a learning experience. I try to do my own research. I even wrote that write up on Research hoping that people would try to do the same. Instead of the immediate gratification and spoon feeding of info as you guys put it.
There are things I know. Things I think I might know. And many things that I don't have a clue about. People have been very helpful. I have no problem paying it forward. But lets face it. When some guy starts a thread on what to do cause he busted his top shock bolts it can get a little annoying. I mean c'mon. A quick Google search will yield how many posts about this?
And I am sorry but I don't get the phone thing. I do not have a fancy cell phone. My buddy does and cruising the internet on that thing? Sometimes we will be in the driveway working on my Jeep and he will look up something. Trying to navigate things on a phone well let me put it this way. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil. I am trying to look at things on his phone and I want to toss the damn thing in the stream by the house.
Whole reason I resurrected an old unused laptop. Can have it out there in the driveway with me, using my wifi, and research anything I have to easier then using a phone IMO. Truth is the laptop is really for following along a write up or video. I already did the research on my desktop. Saved the links to whatever project I am tackling. Use the laptop to follow along step by step. Easier then watching a minute of a video on my desktop, going outside, trying to remember what I watched, doing it, and then repeating the process over and over till I complete the job.

I am older and that is my excuse I guess.

Last edited by Ralph77; 06-05-2019 at 04:26 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1999

Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
And I am sorry but I don't get the phone thing. I do not have a fancy cell phone. My buddy does and cruising the internet on that thing? Sometimes we will be in the driveway working on my Jeep and he will look up something. Trying to navigate things on a phone well let me put it this way. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil. I am trying to look at things on his phone and I want to toss the damn thing in the stream by the house.
I don't have a smartphone either. Many people seem to get addicted to them. Not just young people either, we're "seasoned citizens" and the wife is a total addict since she got an iphone. It's gotten to the point where she can't even sit down at a meal or watch a TV show without pecking away at the damned thing. When we drive somewhere if she's in the passenger seat she's at it the whole time. Thankfully not if she is the one driving -- aside from making and receiving calls via her car's bluetooth, which is bad enough. I seriously doubt she could go a single day without the thing, like a 1960s teen with a transistor set glued to the ear. Probably have an easier time getting a junkie off of crack cocaine.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

My brother is in town for a week on vacation from FL. He has his business i-phone with him and he keeps getting calls, looking at the phone, then canceling the call. He told his boss he wasn't going to be available so why didn't he just turn it off or leave it home? Because all his friends have his business number as well.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998 Classic (I'll get it running soon....) and 96 (just purchased) and 02 Grand
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey17 View Post
Any and all forums are dying a slow death they’re just outdated now I suppose .
No, they aren't outdated. The kids just think they are. They won't know what they lost because they never 'had' it. But they will vaguely wish for something better, never realizing that it existed, but they weren't interested.