Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Off-Topic Discussion
Guess what an original M1-D sells for... >

Guess what an original M1-D sells for...

Guess what an original M1-D sells for...

Old 03-17-2017, 08:32 PM
CF Veteran

Year: My Jeep is a GMC
Default Guess what an original M1-D sells for...

Since we can no longer discuss carbines how about this:
ready? GO! ha ha
http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....ies-SA-3219938

ETA:
I'll guess $13,700.00

Last edited by Turbo X_J; 03-17-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:42 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I'm not saying you can't discuss carbines! I'm just saying I've said my piece, got a lot of helpful feedback, and want to move on. Simple as that. The Ruger .44 is an awesome weapon, it's just not right for me anymore. My uncle was a Marine in WWII and Korea. When he got back, the first gun he bought was a 30 carbine and I always wondered why he loved them so much.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:38 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Dave the reason was they so cheap and so many released for sale from the military for sale and the cost of ammo .01-.03 a round by the sardine can full in stripper clips.

My first one was made by Singer (yup the sewing machine people) then a Rem. model neither of them grouped well at all and 50 yds. was about for decent groups 5-6".

One thing you might consider is a muzzle brake on your Ruger but buy another Bbl. to have it done to and keep the original. A good gunsmith can reduce recoil with the .44m in several ways and with reloads using jacked bullets with reduced powder loads is also a work around I have used over the years in my .44 mags that I could not use .44 Specials in.

Glad to be home yesterday in fact after over 3 weeks in hospital most of it in ICU.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:38 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Boy, I bet you're glad to be home! Hospitals suck when you're a patient!

I have an off-the-wall question; Does your Overland have a heated steering wheel? I've been freezing my digits off in my Laredo.

Funny you should mention different powder loads. I once shot a box of "Super-Vel" ammo made for handguns. That stuff is no longer available and I can see why. The cases came out pink from the heat and the gun just about jumped out of my grasp! On a couple of those the primers actually started coming out of the cases when fired! This was when I was in my 20s and could handle this kind of power. I also found these cartridges to be less accurate downrange. With Remington 240gr jacketed soft point, it'll group 3" at 100 yds benchrest.

I'm not going to modify this weapon in any way. My gunsmith wants to look at it and make me an offer on it. Sort-of like a trade-in value so to speak. I still haven't made up my mind. It has a split forestock because my stupid brother used in while I was at sea and wanted to put a sling on it. Instead of buying the front swivel designed to fit the barrel band, he decided to drill it for the stud off his .22. When counterboring it for the nut, the drill he was using grabbed and pulled thru, splitting it! He has not touched my guns since! I put white glue in the crack and the barrel band holds it together tight, but there is a 1/2" hole in the front! This seriously reduces it's value!

Last edited by dave1123; 03-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.