Good driving/fog lights

Good driving/fog lights

Old 11-17-2017, 08:26 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default Good driving/fog lights

I wanna get some better lights instead of just my headlights and some 20 dollar fog lights i want something thats brighter, goes out farther and prefer led I know theres expensive ones like rigid and truck lite and all that but something thats a little cheaper wouldnt hurt. Also i would like them to be in the original fog light spots but it doesnt matter as long as theyre bright and good i dont care lol. What lights can you recommend? At the moment my fog lights use 100 watts alone and i feel the stress on the alternator so id also like to use less power as well.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:12 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

IDK where you call home, but remember LEDs don't get hot so snow is a problem. The stuff freezes on the lights! What I needed was area light rather then penetration, so I bought these 55 watt halogen lights. The whole kit, with wiring and relay was around $40 from Amazon. The bulbs were Chinese and burnt out in 2 days, so I replaced them with Hella.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:21 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l

florida so snow isnt a problem, And those dont look to bad it sucks tho the yellow/amber gives me a headache after a while so those would be a no go for me.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:26 PM
CF Veteran

Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Normal lights are not advisable in fog (which we have plenty of in FL).
You need something with a good cut-off so it doesn't scatter the light straight in front of you, which illuminates the fog and blinds you.

Something like the Rigid D series driving lights would be perfect. You can get an amber cover for them, amber cuts through fog much better than white and has much less glare.

My recommendation is a good set of driving lights like the Rigid D series, and a cheaper set of "bright" off-road lights like any generic off-road light. Would give you a great level of usable light to play with
Old 12-27-2017, 11:43 PM
Musicology Intern

Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Old 12-28-2017, 12:39 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L

Great question for a thread.

I have some interest in learning about this myself. I am new to the world of XJs but, I get fog out here in California and my vehicle has stock lights mounted on the front bumper. They sport plain Osram H3 bulbs but I would like something amber to help cut through the fog. Any reason I can't just do a bulb upgrade?

If there is something better(and I am sure there is) can it fit where the stock lights are? If it looks stock, that would be even better.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:43 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

I've taken regular white lights and put Hella H3 amber bulbs in them and they really aren't amber, but just a hint of color to them. You really need amber lenses to cut the glare. I use mine mostly in snow, which with normal headlights will blind you with the reflected light. Those lights I posted give a flat fan of light that has a pretty good vertical cut-off. They make them in clear as well.

Last edited by dave1123; 12-28-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:13 PM

Year: 2016
Model: Cherokee(KK)

I installed a set of Supernova V-3 led's in my Cherokee fog lights that I purchased from Headlight Revolutions, and they sure are better than the stock bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails Good driving/fog lights-jeep-led-fogs.jpg  

Last edited by Dodgehemi64; 12-30-2017 at 07:21 PM.