Gone Fishing

Old 04-21-2018, 01:13 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Gone Fishing

Enjoy!

A young man from California moves to Florida and goes to an "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The manager asks the kid, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yes sir. I was a salesman back in California."

The manager takes a chance and gives the kid a job. "You can start tomorrow. Ill come down after we close to see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. The boss comes down after closing up and asks the kid, "How many sales did you make today, son?"

The kid says "Just one".

The boss tells him, "Our sales average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?"

The kid says, "$110,200.65".

The boss is stunned. "$110,200.65!? What in the world did you sell them!?"

The kid tells him, "Well first, he needed a fishing rod, so i sold him a fishing rod. Then i sold him a couple fishhooks. Then i sold him some bait, and a net. Then i asked him where hed like to go fishing and he said down the coast, so i told him he was going to need a boat so we went down to the boat department and i sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then i sold him a trailer. He said he didnt think his Civic could pull that, so i took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition with all the bells and whistles. Every fisherman needs a dog, so i sold him a dog."

The boss asks, "So a guy came in here to buy a fishing rod and you sold him a boat, a trailer, a truck, and a dog?"

The kid said "Oh no, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife and i said, "Dude, your weekend is shot, you should go fishing."

Last edited by fb97xj1; 04-21-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:02 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Haha! Nice!